Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hope the Eagles make NFL History this Sunday

fuji869

There is no way the Eagles loose for the 3rd straight year, as bad as I want them to flop on their faces I just dont see it happening. I think last week's game was a wake up call and they may come out and punish Carolina. Ahman Green's 150 yards rushing was probably a good thing because they will spend all week game planning (like we did) vs. Stephen Davis.

Originally posted by RedskinsNation

There is no way the Eagles loose for the 3rd straight year, as bad as I want them to flop on their faces I just dont see it happening. I think last week's game was a wake up call and they may come out and punish Carolina. Ahman Green's 150 yards rushing was probably a good thing because they will spend all week game planning (like we did) vs. Stephen Davis.

Umm...they havn't been able to stop the run ALL YEAR! And I'm sure I don't have to tell you how the Washington/Carolina game turned out. I think the Panthers will dominate this game but the score won't reflect it, it'll probably be decided by 3. But McNabb got sacked 8 times last week. Peppers, Jenkins and Rucker will be in his face all game.

The first time the Panthers/Eagles played Philly won by about ten points on the road w/ a heathy Stephen Davis and a banged up secondary. It is going to ice cold and those Carolina boys have not been exposed like the Eagles. There is no way the Eagles loose for the 3rd straight time in the NFC championship.

The first time the Panthers/Eagles played Philly won by about ten points on the road w/ a heathy Stephen Davis and a banged up secondary. It is going to ice cold and those Carolina boys have not been exposed like the Eagles. There is no way the Eagles loose for the 3rd straight time in the NFC championship.

They lost that game by a fluke bad day by John Kasay. He won't go 1 for 4 this time around. And lets not undermine Foster, he's filled in admirably for Stephen Davis. And yet another thing the Eagles are missing their most dangerous weapon on offense, Brian Westbrook this go around.

A loss is a loss. I hope Kasay can kick in an open ended stadium like the Linc. Right now Westbrook is a crucial loss but its not going to matter overall because the Eagles are at home and last time they had to settle for 4 redzone fg's vs. the Panthers. The Eagles are as hungry as ever and the story book season for the Panthers will finally come to an end.

Yeah, I would too - but I would rather them loose for the 3rd straight year in the NFC Champ. game - it might get to their heads and all the talk will be similar to the Bills of the 90's and the Atlanta Braves of the NFL. Those thoughts are even more embarrasing - when someone says "Buffalo Bills" all you really think about is the 4 consecutive losses in the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by TankRizzo

They lost that game by a fluke bad day by John Kasay. He won't go 1 for 4 this time around. And lets not undermine Foster, he's filled in admirably for Stephen Davis. And yet another thing the Eagles are missing their most dangerous weapon on offense, Brian Westbrook this go around.

While it's true that Kasay made life a lot easier on the Eagles, he did not simply "give the game away". The Eagles played much of the 4th quarter to hold on to the lead. If he made those FGs, who knows how it would have ended?

Foster had a 3.8 ypc average during the reg. season, and this Eagles team generally fairs better against quicker and shiftier backs because of the team speed.

Not having Westbrook will definetely hurt, but having the secondary healthy will help. Vincent said he feels "very very good", and he would not have given up those 2 TDs that Sheldon Brown gave up to Ferguson last week.

We'll see.

Originally posted by Art

Actually, I'd prefer the Eagles to make the Super Bowl and lose. Hurts more :). And, I don't want Carolina thinking they're any good.

While I understand what you're saying Art, from a Philly fan's perspective I'd have to disagree. I think this is a game that Philadelphia can/should win. The SB (if they make it) isn't. They'd have a shot, but they certainly wouldn't be favored. I also want to see progress and experience SB week, something I have never experienced in my life. Getting there would make me happy, even if they lost (unless it seemed like they didn't show up to play).

Umm...they havn't been able to stop the run ALL YEAR! And I'm sure I don't have to tell you how the Washington/Carolina game turned out. I think the Panthers will dominate this game but the score won't reflect it, it'll probably be decided by 3. But McNabb got sacked 8 times last week. Peppers, Jenkins and Rucker will be in his face all game.

The Eagles stopped the run just fine up through week 6, when they were ranked #1 in rushing defense (by yardage). Then they lost Grasmanis and Thomas, two of their best rush DT's and the players they've signed certainly can't fill their shoes. Simon and Walker can only play so many downs per game. The reality is that you are correct: right now they can't stop the run very well. I still wouldn't mess with their goal line defense. That pretty much shut down GB twice in the red zone. They proven this year that allowing rushing yards will not lose the game for you as long as you don't play from too much behind. In games in which RB's have gone over 100 yards against them, the Eagles are 8-1.

If your definition of dominate is gaining a lot of yards, then yes, Carolina will dominate the game statistically. That is the nature of this Eagles team. The defense is "bend but don't break" and the offense capitalizes on their opportunities. The game will be determined by turnovers and which team takes best advantage of them. Total yards won't matter. The Eagles lose the statistics game every week, yet I think the scoreboard is still the determining factor.

GB's pass rush against McNabb was not effective until they sent a ton of blitzers in the fourth quarter where they recorded at least 5 of the 8 sacks. In quarters 1-3, McNabb had a ton of time to throw the ball. GB played man coverage on the outside and was effective on the WR's (who isn't?). That left the middle of the field wide open. whenever McNabb stepped up into the pocket, he headed straight up field and ran 10-20 yards before a GB player was even near him. Carolina will get an OK rush with their front 4, but to really rattle McNabb, they will have to blitz occasionally.

The Eagles did not have a lot of trouble moving the ball against them last game and they had a lead from the 1st quarter on. I'll repeat - when James Thrash catches a ball at the 6 and carries 3 of your DB's into the endzone with him when the game is close, you're secondary isn't too scary. ;)

Originally posted by Nighthawk

Has any team lost back to back to back championship games? At least the Buffalo Bills made it to the Superbowl and were always the bridesmaid. The Eagles can't even get an invitation to the wedding.

:laugh:

Yes, I believe it was Dallas that lost 3 NFCC games in a row before Philly. Dallas or the 49ers, I don't remember which.

Yeah, I would too - but I would rather them loose for the 3rd straight year in the NFC Champ. game - it might get to their heads and all the talk will be similar to the Bills of the 90's and the Atlanta Braves of the NFL. Those thoughts are even more embarrasing - when someone says "Buffalo Bills" all you really think about is the 4 consecutive losses in the Super Bowl.

I guess we'll find out Sunday :D I just don't think the matchups favor the Eagles at all. Like I said, the Packers sacked him 8 times last week. The Panthers have arguably the best front 4 in the game right now. The secondary is questionable, but then again so are half of McNabb's passes. But he is a playmaker. I do think the game will be decided by 3 points, I just think the Panthers will come out on top.

I can't stand the Eagles. This goes back to the days before the 'Skins traded Norman Snead to the Eagles for Sonny Jurgensen. Back during the Bobby Mitchell days:cool: and the invention of the "Flanker" WR position.

I'm hoping it's the PATs vs the CATs:applause: :applause: this time around.

I think the PATs will beat the winner of the NFC. They have the discipline and smarts on O & D.

I guess we'll find out Sunday :D I just don't think the matchups favor the Eagles at all. Like I said, the Packers sacked him 8 times last week. The Panthers have arguably the best front 4 in the game right now. The secondary is questionable, but then again so are half of McNabb's passes. But he is a playmaker. I do think the game will be decided by 3 points, I just think the Panthers will come out on top.

Boy was I wrong...I guess I overrated McNabb there with those 3 points :laugh:

Archived