Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Joe Lieberman

ixcuincle

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

Here's a much more critical obituary from the liberal side:  

https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2024/03/the-ballad-of-buckleys-blowhard

Derp derp derp this guy didn’t do everything I wanted him to and did some stuff I didn’t like so I’ll be crass and do a happy dance about the death of someone who accomplished more than I ever will but I’ve got a blog with a name heisted from a Warren Zevon song so that makes me cool derp derp derp 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Fergasun said:

The Democratic party's version of McCain.  You don't see that type of relationship anymore in politics (at least not publically). 

McCain wanted to pick him as his running mate in 2008, and that jackass Bill Kristol told him there would be a riot at the RNC if he didn't pick a pro life Christian conservative, and pointed him instead to Sarah "Dan Quayle with tits" Palin.

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Derp derp derp this guy didn’t do everything I wanted him to and did some stuff I didn’t like so I’ll be crass and do a happy dance about the death of someone who accomplished more than I ever will but I’ve got a blog with a name heisted from a Warren Zevon song so that makes me cool derp derp derp 

Tbf, Lieberman was a major proponent of the MAGA funded No Labels party. He also was a huge fan of Betsy Devos. And he's one of the reasons we don't have the public option in the ACA. 

That's a little bit more than being a maverick Drmocrat for some to stomach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1