Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Player Team Report Cards 2024

cboatner

Washington is DFL-The Harris Group has its work cut out for them. https://nflpa.com/washington-commanders-report-card-2024

Overview

Josh Harris purchased the Washington Commanders in July this past year. The organization received low marks across the board last year, so there is no shortage of issues that need marked improvement after years of neglect. The one bright spot for the club is the players’ ranking of the Commanders strength coaches, with 98% of player respondents saying that they get the best possible individualized plan.

The survey data reveals a long list of items with the workplace that continue to be problems, and players expressed that they have grown tired of the deficiencies. (This will not help to retain UFAs or attract talent) To start, the locker room is small and in desperate need of renovation, with players reporting multiple sewage leaks. The training room is significantly understaffed, with only 52% of players saying they receive an adequate amount of one-on-one treatment time for injury recovery and prevention. Equipment in the weight room and training room was described as below the standards required of a professional sports franchise, and the Commanders are one of seven teams where players believe the club’s facility is no better than other places they could train offsite.

When asked what the number one issue respondents want to prioritize for fixing, most players couldn’t come up with just one. Instead, the common answer was the entire facility. The players understand that the new club ownership didn’t create these current problems, and they are hopeful that the new team ownership is willing to do what it takes to fix them.

• Like 1

Yea, tons of room for improvement, and none of this is a surprise and most of it requires capital improvements, which will take time.  That said, the training staff and team travel grades seem like they could have been quick fixes, and are both still Fs, so that is kind of troubling. 

19 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Tugboat Ron ranked 31st out of 32 coaches...I feel it's going to start coming out that Ron mentally checked out a long time ago and didn't really do any coaching. Teams don't quit on coaches they like, and this team quit the last 8 games in 2023.

It was reported early on this past season that EB was the de facto head coach.

I think a step in the right direction would be to completely overhaul Ashburn and make it a place players want to practice and fans want to watch their team at. I’m sure it’s fine and all but we need a facility to rival SEC teams facilities with the staff to go along.

Just heard they got an F- for family comfort at games and team facilities.

Please do better. Free agents will not come here.

Edited by CobraCommander

7 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

It’s staggering that there are multiple other teams with similar issues. What’s their excuse, we had Snyder.

Billionaire owners are cheap.

Say what you will about Jerry Jones though, the dude loves his team and pours money into it more than almost anyone else.

4 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

I think a step in the right direction would be to completely overhaul Ashburn and make it a place players want to practice and fans want to watch their team at. I’m sure it’s fine and all but we need a facility to rival SEC teams facilities with the staff to go along.

Just heard they got an F- for family comfort at games and team facilities.

Please do better. Free agents will not come here.

Once the new stadium location is finalized, I'd assume we'd build a brand new facility somewhere near by.

Right now we have a facility in Ashburn and our home stadium is in freaking Landover. Players and coaches have commented about how playing at home basically feels like an away game, since most guys tend to live near the practice facility(that's where you're going to work on a daily basis so to speak).

18 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

It was reported early on this past season that EB was the de facto head coach.

Ron should pay back his salary from the 2023 season if that's true. I know that wasn't an official announcement, but what owner would allow that perception to even take hold, much less allow it to occur in the first place?

And yes, EB would rank #33 if it was true...doesn't say much about him.