Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1/8- Commanders New Year- Most Exciting Offseason Ever

88Comrade2000

Today is 1/1/24, Happy New Years.

Of course for us, our real new year is next Monday: 1/8/24.  The next offseason will be the most exciting ever.

1. By noon next Monday, the last vestiges of Dan Snyder will have been removed. His head coach and the entire remaining coaching staff will be fired.  Ron’s Gm’s of Martys will be fired. Jason Wright will be fired.

2. A new Gm will be hired hopefully in the next week but no later than 2.

3. A new head coach will be hired in the next month.

4. With us likely drafting #2 or #3 or #4; we’ll be getting our new qb.  

5. More roster overhaul with over 90 million in cap space, 4 more draft picks in Top 100 and likely trading a player or two(Allen & Mclaurin) for more picks.

6. Overhaul of Junkex to fix the problems with it; so it can be used until new stadium is built.

7. Watch local communities trying to lure a new stadium. I expect a deal by end of year.

Going to be an exciting offseason for us.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

On 1/1/2024 at 2:43 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

5. More roster overhaul with over 90 million in cap space, 4 more draft picks in Top 100 and likely trading a player or two(Allen & Mclaurin) for more picks.

What makes this likely? That's both of our team captains. I know it's certainly possible but I don't know if I'd go as far as this being likely. Either way, I agree, this will be our most exciting offseason in many of our lives given all of the change that's gonna occur. I assure you that Harris will bring in quality, NFL experienced people to build this franchise back to greatness. He is all about bright minds who know where they're going and how to get there. 

49 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

What makes this likely? That's both of our team captains. I know it's certainly possible but I don't know if I'd go as far as this being likely. Either way, I agree, this will be our most exciting offseason in many of our lives given all of the change that's gonna occur. I assure you that Harris will bring in quality, NFL experienced people to build this franchise back to greatness. He is all about bright minds who know where they're going and how to get there. 

I think both Terry and Jon want out and don’t want to be here for a rebuild.

Shen will come to the conclusion you don’t have 2 big salaries at DT. Allen is easier to move. We can net at least a 2nd rounder, maybe outside shot at a first rounder.  That extra pick from the trade , could be used to move up to #1.

Terry deserves a chance to play with an established qb.  Trade him to KC.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Hey everyone, new here!

I’ve always been a sports fan, but this year I’ve been getting back into the NFL after many years of not really following the league.

The Commanders’ situation is really interesting to me.  On the one hand they are absolutely no where, but on the other hand they have so many positive, fun, and interesting things coming up.  New owner who I respect from the other teams he is owner of; new GM, HC, and entire management structure coming; oodles of cap space, top 2-3 pick and extra picks for them to remake the roster with; longer term there will be new training facilities and stadium coming.

Their next couple years should be extremely interesting and I feel like I (and hopefully everyone here) will like the direction they are headed.  I will be following with interest and, who knows, I may even become a full blown Washington fan in the process!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Hey everyone, new here!

I’ve always been a sports fan, but this year I’ve been getting back into the NFL after many years of not really following the league.

The Commanders’ situation is really interesting to me.  On the one hand they are absolutely no where, but on the other hand they have so many positive, fun, and interesting things coming up.  New owner who I respect from the other teams he is owner of; new GM, HC, and entire management structure coming; oodles of cap space, top 2-3 pick and extra picks for them to remake the roster with; longer term there will be new training facilities and stadium coming.

Their next couple years should be extremely interesting and I feel like I (and hopefully everyone here) will like the direction they are headed.  I will be following with interest and, who knows, I may even become a full blown Washington fan in the process!

Good time to get in on the ground floor imo, welcome to the party. Kicks off in about 5 days 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Conn said:

Good time to get in on the ground floor imo, welcome to the party. Kicks off in about 5 days 

4 days. Monday is going to be fun. The firings will be happening but I’m more excited for what’s next. We will

finally find out just what direction Josh wants to go in; by how his search for Gm and coach goes.

• Like 2