Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Norman Lear

ixcuincle

Excellent person. My favorite series was from years ago, All That Glitters, about life if females were in charge and men were considered subservient. It only was on for maybe 13 episodes because people were so incensed. I thought it was great! One episode.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1

Gave me so much enjoyment with his work.

What a volume of groundbreaking high quality, and very socially important, TV he produced. Amazing.

For me, Soap was a favorite after all in the family and remains one of his few underappreciated work (also the first vehicle for a young Billy Crystal playing a homosexual early in prime time TV.)

It remains one of the most hysterical, original, and imaginative comedies ever filmed and it needs to be in reruns much more than it has been.

RIP and thank you, Norman.

• Like 2

I've actually had the notion that I think a case can at least be made, that maybe Archie Bunker did more for civil rights than MLK did.  

Obviously, he didn't risk as much.  But I think he made a big impact on society.  

Archie Bunker made racism look bad.  He made racists look stupid.  

Nobody wanted to be thought of as being like Archie Bunker.  Rather, we all enjoyed watching him lose.  Being discomforted.