Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LIVE pre - and post-game shows?

SmittyD

A question for you locals...Now that NBC Sports Washington is not the official channel of the team, is any other station going to do this? 

With DIrecTV, I always watched Channel 642 with the Kickoff and Post-Game shows in past years and gladly paid for the Sports Pack during football season.

Thanks in advance from North Carolina where our preseason games are televised live on WSOC-TV Channel 9 in Charlotte, NC  😃

• Like 1

My understanding is the Commanders do not have an official broadcast channel at this time. NBCWashington Channel 4 will broadcast games 1 and 3. ESPN has the Monday night game against the Ravens. 

If you are out of the DC area for Preseason games 1 and 2. The only way to watch would be NFL+. 

I would look to youtube for any pre and post game shows.  

Edited by just654
  • Like 3

I can't imagine that Harris will let the team not be on NBC Sports Washington for very much longer.  This team needs to be on there.  Otherwise, no one knows where to watch anything team-related, and that is not going to help drum up excitement.  I'm in the Raleigh area and we don't get any preseason games here thanks to the stupid Panthers, which the state doesn't even really embrace.  I'd LOVE for them to relocate and make this Redskins country again.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Redwards said:

I can't imagine that Harris will let the team not be on NBC Sports Washington for very much longer.  This team needs to be on there.  Otherwise, no one knows where to watch anything team-related, and that is not going to help drum up excitement.  I'm in the Raleigh area and we don't get any preseason games here thanks to the stupid Panthers, which the state doesn't even really embrace.  I'd LOVE for them to relocate and make this Redskins country again.  

He'd have to work out something with Ted once it changes over to Monumental Sports, or whatever it's gonna' be called.

• Thumb up 1

16 hours ago, ntotoro said:

He'd have to work out something with Ted once it changes over to Monumental Sports, or whatever it's gonna' be called.

I hadn't heard about the changeover.  That's interesting.   Have you heard any rumblings about a timeline for when the change is coming?  

Josh really is going to have to do something to drum up a lot more exposure.  I have zero doubt he's well aware of this.  I'm thrilled that we were fortunate enough to get someone like him as our new owner.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Redwards said:

I hadn't heard about the changeover.  That's interesting.   Have you heard any rumblings about a timeline for when the change is coming?  

My guess is it'll coincide with the Caps' preseason, but I haven't read or heard anything specific.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Redwards said:

Josh really is going to have to do something to drum up a lot more exposure.  I have zero doubt he's well aware of this.  I'm thrilled that we were fortunate enough to get someone like him as our new owner.  

NBC Sports Washington to rebrand as Monumental Sports Network - The Washington Post

Sometime this September is the switch. This is why Pete Hailey left.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, just654 said:

NBC Sports Washington to rebrand as Monumental Sports Network - The Washington Post

Sometime this September is the switch. This is why Pete Hailey left.  

I'd be shocked if Harris isn't in negotiations with them as we speak or wants to begin negotiations soon.  The failed negotiations were under the Snyder umbrella, which is now extinct.  You simply can't afford to be the odd man (odd team) out in this city any longer.  Again, this team desperately needs the exposure.  Where else are they going to possibly get it?

Edited by Redwards

6 minutes ago, Redwards said:

I'd be shocked if Harris isn't in negotiations with them as we speak or wants to begin negotiations soon.  The failed negotiations were under the Snyder umbrella, which is now extinct.  You simply can't afford to be the odd man (odd team) out in this city any longer.  Again, this team desperately needs the exposure.  Where else are they going to possibly get it?

I hope so. I am not sure there is much they can do for the 2023 season. I also wouldnt be surprised if the youtube channel is the way they go. More and More people are cutting the cord.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Didn't they rebrand from Comcast Sports to NBC Sports Washington within the past six years? 🤔

Yes, because NBC Universal bought Comcast. I believe NBC Universal had decided to sell off all its regional sports networks. That is why Ted bought it.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

• 3 weeks later...