Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

1 minute ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I hate to say it but Daniel Jones and the first string offense looked extremely good. Jones to Waller was an impressive combo. If Waller stays healthy, I can see him being a massive problem for our defense.

The Giants didn't look bad, but the Panthers do look bad. They look bad on both sides of the ball, but the D seems to be a little better than the O.

Surprised Jones and the 1st team only got one series. Seems a bit too cautious. I remember when starters would play the entire first half, even some of the 3rd qtr sometimes, of the 3rd preseason game. Now that there is only 3 games, I assumed that week 2 would be like week 3 used to be. However Hurts and Watson didn't even play one snap last night. We know that starters aren't playing in week 3s, just 2 weeks before regular season week 1. So I'm stunned that teams aren't playing starters more in week 2. That's a loooooong layoff and they say practice cannot simulate an actual game. So there's gonna be a lot of rusty quality of play in week 1, I bet.

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

The Giants didn't look bad, but the Panthers do look bad. They look bad on both sides of the ball, but the D seems to be a little better than the O.

Yea, didn't Carolina get curbstomped 28 to 0 last week? I know wins and losses aren't important in the preseason to non-Harbaugh-ers. However you still don't want to lose 28 to 0. Lol. I think I heard Adam Thielen bragging about his new Carolina team, a couple of weeks ago too. Talking about them being contenders in the NFC. Lol I don't know about that one.

13 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Surprised Jones and the 1st team only got one series. Seems a bit too cautious. I remember when starters would play the entire first half, even some of the 3rd qtr sometimes, of the 3rd preseason game. Now that there is only 3 games, I assumed that week 2 would be like week 3 used to be. However Hurts and Watson didn't even play one snap last night. We know that starters aren't playing in week 3s, just 2 weeks before regular season week 1. So I'm stunned that teams aren't playing starters more in week 2. That's a loooooong layoff and they say practice cannot simulate an actual game. So there's gonna be a lot of rusty quality of play in week 1, I bet.

Yea, didn't Carolina get curbstomped 28 to 0 last week? I know wins and losses aren't important in the preseason to non-Harbaugh-ers. However you still don't want to lose 28 to 0. Lol. I think I heard Adam Thielen bragging about his new Carolina team, a couple of weeks ago too. Talking about them being contenders in the NFC. Lol I don't know about that one.

I don't know what they did last week, but I just watch their QB throw a football directly into a defender's taint. And then I watched them try to, what I could only imagine, was try to **** a fumbled football.

9 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I stand corrected. Carolina only lost 27 to 0 last week, not 28 to 0. And now they are down 21 to 3. Yikes. I know the starters haven't played a lot but evidently they have atrocious depth. 

Yeah, I've seen enough. I wasn't really watching and the sound is off, but time to watch something else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Yeah, I've seen enough. I wasn't really watching and the sound is off, but time to watch something else.

Dallas plays on NFL Network tomorrow night at 10pm. I'll probably watch that too. Seems like Dak never plays in the preseason so I'm not sure if they'll play starters any or not but I guess it'll be worth watching.

Edited by AlwaysBeRedskins2Me

A guy on the Patriots defense was on the turf at the end of the play and wasn't moving at all; pretty sure he's unconscious.  They strapped him to a gurney and carted him off the field and I still didn't see him moving.

Edit: The Patriots and Packers agreed to end the game.  This has to be a serious injury.

Edit2: Not an update, but finally saw mention of who it was: Defensiveback Isaiah Bolden.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Sad 1

• zCommander changed the title to Game Day Thread 2023: Regular Season