Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Offseason Mini Camp, OTA’s, Training Camp Discussion Thread: Hallelujah, Josh Harris & Co. Era Edition

Conn

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Curl doesn't make the list, not even as an honorable mention.  The top 2 are my man crushes from that draft, M. Fitzpatrick and D. James.

Without our divison, in the honorable mentions -- Kearse from Dallas, McKinney with the Giants.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/37773477/ranking-nfl-top-10-safeties-2023-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks-best-back-end-defenders 

Execs, coaches, scouts rank NFL's top 10 safeties for 2023

I remember you and I going back and forth on which of those two we should draft. I was on the Fitz hill, you on James.  :ols:

Good times.

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I remember you and I going back and forth on which of those two we should draft. I was on the Fitz hill, you on James.  :ols:

Good times.

I've told you before, you remember that partly wrong. ;)    I loved both but if anything leaned Fitz.  But I whined to no end about James later on because he was the guy they skipped not Fitz.

They couldn't have drafted Fitz since he went before their pick.  But they skipped James.  And hence post that draft I gather I'd be remembered more for James because that was my focus consideting that's the dude they bypassed.

Interesting that they are both are considered the top safeties in the game.  Both billed as real special back then.  Fitz for being smart and can play CB-FS.  James for being a freak and a leader.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've told you before, you remember that partly wrong. ;)    I loved both but if anything leaned Fitz.  But I whined to no end about James later on because he was the guy they skipped not Fitz.

They couldn't have drafted Fitz since he went before their pick.  But they skipped James.  And hence post that draft I gather I'd be remembered more for James because that was my focus consideting that's the dude they bypassed.

Oh I remember, but I can still be mad we didn't draft Fitz, even if we couldn't have and even if we did draft my favorite player on our team instead. :ols: 

• Like 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Oh I remember, but I can still be mad we didn't draft Fitz, even if we couldn't have and even if we did draft my favorite player on our team instead. :ols: 

I've dug those Alabama safeties:   Fitz, McKinney, Branch.  Other good ones drafted too like Eddie Jackson, Ronnie Harrison.   

Funny for a team who loves Alabama players.  Surprised we haven't grabbed their top end safety in the draft in recent years and they've had some good ones.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 6:40 AM, Rocky21 said:

How in the **** do we have the 4th worst RB room in the entire league?!

One way to answer that is figure out who Washington should be ahead of. It seems most teams have someone decent 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

LOL!! 😂 😂...How have I NOT seen this movie? I think I get it mixed up with The Money Pit and always assumed I've seen it. I gotta go back and react to your earlier tweet now after seeing this lol...

It's been one of my favorites for years. I hope you get to see it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Conn said:

Very pleased to not get this, especially this year. At the current pace, the sale will be approved and finalized during camp. As much as they will try to focus on the camp part. That simply won't be the story here. 

Sounds like the Jets didn't really want it either. 

Here's to a quiet and productive camp for the players and coaches.