Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

T is very deep. We can get a good one in the 2nd round. Same with a C.

I'm hoping to sign the Lions LG Jonah Williams in FA.

Jonah Jackson? Jonah Williams is also a FA, but he's the RT for the Bengals.

Unless I'm mistaken, Jonah Williams has played well this year at RT, so that wouldn't be a bad option either?

44 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Interestingly, Daniels himself regressed in his second and third seasons. But he fortunately got the opportunity to transfer to a powerhouse school and play two more seasons with an all-star cast, and he took advantage with an elite final season to put himself in this discussion. 

One can only imagine how Williams/Maye would look if you gave them two more years in college — and an A+ roster around them. I wonder if they’d show the intangible qualities of dedication and ability to learn as well. 

Maye is all hype. Daniels and Williams are both Heisman winners while Maye has won what? Competing in the ACC and losing against the likes of UVA. Folks are posting cut ups of him scrambling against Pitt and NC State. It’s laughable! Meanwhile you got Daniels with off the charts numbers competing in the SEC. The best conference in college football where you are sure to get the closest looks to pro style defenses and speed. What are we talking about here! 

I’d throw up if we decide to draft Maye. No where close to the pedigree of a Williams or Daniels. Not even close!

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2

2 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Maye is all hype. Daniels and Williams are both Heisman winners while Maye has won what? Competing in the ACC and losing against the likes of UVA. Folks are posting cut ups of him scrambling against Pitt and NC State. It’s laughable! Meanwhile you got Daniels with off the charts numbers competing in the SEC. The best conference in college football where you are sure to get the closest looks to pro style defenses and speed. What are we talking about here! 

I’d throw up if we decide to draft Maye. No where close to the pedigree of a Williams or Daniels. Not even close!

You might want to have your barf bag close at hand on draft night.... 😄😄😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, CommandB11 said:

You might want to have your barf bag close at hand on draft night.... 😄😄😄

Yeah it ain’t happening. Daniels and Williams will be going 1 and 2. The order of which is the only thing in question.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

I am glad you are confident. I just recommend being prepared.

I’m confident that come draft day our brass won’t reach on a overhyped, Trubisky-like QB and will select a QB with the pedigree deserving of a #2 pick. I’m confident that once we get to pro days it will be blatantly obvious and I’m confident that when the brass rolls the film on Maye choking against the likes of UVA and Clemson they will opt for a Heisman winner over Trubisky 2.0

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

44 minutes ago, pico926 said:

You are entitled to your opinion but its in the vast

minority.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pico926 said:

I can only imagine how much you would have vomited if they had selected guys like Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Love, Goff, etc., with their middling college success against mediocre competition.

Obviously, they’d be much better off scouting the Heisman ceremony and the pass efficiency rating leaderboards for prospects, right?

The point is not to figure out who played the best last season. It’s to figure out who will play the best 5 seasons from now. Sometimes those two things overlap…but very frequently, they don’t.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I can only imagine how much you would have vomited if they had selected guys like Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Love, Goff, etc., with their middling college success against mediocre competition.

Obviously, they’d be much better off scouting the Heisman ceremony and the pass efficiency rating leaderboards for prospects, right?

The point is not to figure out who played the best last season. It’s to figure out who will play the best 5 seasons from now. Sometimes those two things overlap…but very frequently, they don’t.

Most often they dont. Very few hesiman winners have been succesful pros. 

59 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Go look up how many Heisman winners have gone on to win a Super Bowl. 

14 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Most often they dont. Very few hesiman winners have been succesful pros. 

The last 10 Heisman winners:

• 2023 – Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU (TBD)
  • 2022 – Caleb Williams, QB, USC (TBD)
  • 2021 – Bryce Young, QB, Alabama (TBD)
  • 2020 – DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama (went to the Super Bowl)
  • 2019 – Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (went to the Super Bowl)
  • 2018 – Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma (2 x Pro Bowl, Offensive Rookie of the Year)
  • 2017 – Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (took Browns and Bucs to the playoffs and won)
  • 2016 – Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville (2 x MVP, in the AFC championship)
  • 2015 – Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama (All Pro, 2 x NFL rushing leader, 2 x NFL touchdown leader)
  • 2014 – Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (backup)
  • 2013 – Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State (backup)

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Nice try bud. Mahomes led the nation in passing his final year in college. Herbert passed for 32 TDs @ Oregon his last season. Maye had 24 TD’s in the ACC in 2023 with a 79 QBR😊. You right it ain’t all about the Heisman but don’t try to compare Maye to a damn Mahomes or Herbert. It’s ludicrous.

7 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

The last 10 Heisman winners:

• 2023 – Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
  • 2022 – Caleb Williams, QB, USC
  • 2021 – Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
  • 2020 – DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
  • 2019 – Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
  • 2018 – Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
  • 2017 – Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
  • 2016 – Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
  • 2015 – Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama
  • 2014 – Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
  • 2013 – Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State

I see 2 good qbs. Are you trying to make my point for me? Thanks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Nice try bud. Mahomes led the nation in passing his final year in college. Herbert passed for 32 TDs @ Oregon his last season. Maye had 24 TD’s in the ACC in 2023 with a 79 QBR😊. You right it ain’t all about the Heisman but don’t try to compare Maye to a damn Mahomes or Herbert. It’s ludicrous.

Are you serious? Maye passed for 38 TDs and over 4000 yards as a 20 year old last year.

Why is it folks with the worst takes are always the loudest?

• Like 1

Just now, CommandB11 said:

Burrow and Jackson...

I just watched Baker Mayfield play damn good on the road against the Lions after roasting the Eagles in the playoffs the week before. The Cardinals are rolling with Kyler Murray next season and with the right system he will perform. Stop hating!

Just now, pico926 said:

I just watched Baker Mayfield play damn good on the road against the Lions after roasting the Eagles in the playoffs the week before. The Cardinals are rolling with Kyler Murray next season and with the right system he will perform. Stop hating!

Ok.....

Watching the playoffs this year really reinforces just how wide open the NFC is. IMO, the top 5 QBs in the league all play in the AFC:

1. Mahomes
  2. Lamar
  3. Allen
  4. Burrow
  5. Herbert / Stroud (potentially)

The NFC is a clear tier below the top 4 in the AFC and maybe below the top 6. I think Stafford, Dak and Kirk (before the injury) all have an argument for top NFC QB. 

The timing for us to draft a blue chip QB prospect couldn’t be better. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, seantaylor=god said:

Are you serious? Maye passed for 38 TDs and over 4000 yards as a 20 year old last year.

Why is it folks with the worst takes are always the loudest?

Exactly last year. He regressed this year. It ain’t a bad take it’s the truth. 

1 minute ago, pico926 said:

Exactly last year. He regressed this year. It ain’t a bad take it’s the truth. 

And who cares about the age?? 23 vs 21 is meaningless unless you expect to have the guy on the roster for 15-20 years. 

8 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Not hating. Just trying to understand the thinking behind the absurdity you are spewing all over

Oh it’s not me, I was just saying what he keeps saying. I don’t care one way or the other.

3 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

So by your logic of stats, you wouldnt have drafted aaron rodgers or josh allen either.

2 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Not hating. Just trying to understand the thinking behind the absurdity you are spewing all over

It’s not absurd. Did Maye regress from 2022 to 2023 in a weak ACC conference? Yes he did. Did Daniels improve year to year and have a better year statistically in a much tougher conference? Yes he did. 

Its not absurd to make the claim that Maye is a reach at #2 when Daniels will most likely be there and is the better pick based on these facts. 

What is absurd is that you would not give Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray their props for being quality NFL QBs. That’s where ghe “hating” comment came from and that’s what it is.

1 minute ago, mh86 said:

Oh it’s not me, I was just saying what he keeps saying. I don’t care one way or the other.

Thanks mh86. Appreciate you echoing my sentiment.

2 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Thanks mh86. Appreciate you echoing my sentiment.