Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official NCAA Football Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Got 9 out of 10 teams right in my parlay. Put 1 dollar down and could have won 7.38 had TCU won.

7 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Fire Neal Brown....some fireworks. Solid win even if it was all the Defense and Special Teams doing.

Broadcast talked about how Neal Brown did well to keep the team motivated after most of their roster was decimated due to injury last night

he's okay

10 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I was going to say, I've seen a whole lot of complaining from WVU folks over this coach and certain players but at the end of the day, a lot of teams wish they were 4-1 right now.

They are taking advantage of a down B12 right now and not having to play Texas this year helps. Right now, they have 1 ranked team left on the schedule so they could easily be looking at a 8 or 9 win season. They could also lose 7 straight like Neal Brown coaches. 

11 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Absolutely know PB has to be hammered tonight. Cheers brother.  🍻 

Unfortunately have been working all weekend, so wasn’t able to libate yesterday. 

How many wins does HCNB need to keep his job?  I think 7-8. Next 3 games are against the bottom of the Big12, so he’s got an opportunity here. 

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Unfortunately have been working all weekend, so wasn’t able to libate yesterday. 

How many wins does HCNB need to keep his job?  I think 7-8. Next 3 games are against the bottom of the Big12, so he’s got an opportunity here. 

8 probably. I just wish the offense was entertaining. 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

8 probably. I just wish the offense was entertaining. 

I just laugh when announcers who are clearly seeing us play for the first time say things like “this is one of the best offensive lines in the country.”  Just watch for a quarter before you start throwing superlatives around, Brock. 

• Haha 1

Bruce Feldman had some major props for Neal Brown who he said was on one of the hottest seats in the country before the season and has managed to go 4-1. I was early on the Neal Brown train, he was coaching some nobody Troy and I was like "That's who you pick to replace the legend Holgo Red Bull? That's not going to do it." but over time he seems to have gotten better.

8 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Did all the Hokie fans pack up and move to Canada?  Haven’t seen one in the longest time.

SHF went MIA. I suspect Hokie fans have moved on to being Cowboy fans or something. 

17 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Bruce Feldman had some major props for Neal Brown who he said was on one of the hottest seats in the country before the season and has managed to go 4-1. I was early on the Neal Brown train, he was coaching some nobody Troy and I was like "That's who you pick to replace the legend Holgo Red Bull? That's not going to do it." but over time he seems to have gotten better.

RichRod>>>Holgerson

Brown is Nehlen 2.0. No imagination when it comes to offense but also no off-season controversy like RR and Dana. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

8 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

This is backwards.  When they announced Neal Brown, I was excited because what you want is a young, up and coming guy that can build a program, and he took Troy from a dumpster fire to 3 consecutive 10-win seasons and they upset freaking LSU.  And he is an air-raid disciple, so I figured he'd bring an interesting and fun offense.  I was excited.

Well, what has happened is that he's never recruited a QB (that plays), his offenses are boring AF, they get way too many penalties, and he's .500 with one winning season (6-4).  He's never produced a player to be drafted before the 5th round.  He's only produced 4 total draft picks across 4 years.  In 2019 alone, Holgo had 5.  WVU is boring and, until this year, has been bad.  I'm excited to see what happens the rest of this year, but if you watch the games, it's ugly.