Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Papa John" Schattner - Dan Snyder Wanted Me to Get Roger Goodell Fired

Dan T.

This is a story where there is literally NOBODY to root for.

Former Papa John’s CEO: Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder wanted me to get Roger Goodell fired

Posted by Mike Florio on May 7, 2022, 10:27 AM EDT

In 2017, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones tried to take out Commissioner Roger Goodell. It was obvious as it was happening. Nearly five years later, a prominent businessmen Jones tried to recruit for the effort has added some more details to the story.

Appearing last month for an interview with Jason Whitlock, via Sportscasting.com, former Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter claimed that Jones and Washington owner Dan Snyder wanted Schnatter to try to get Goodell fired in 2017, specifically for the manner in which Goodell was handing the national anthem controversy. (Jones also was upset about the suspension of running back Ezekiel Elliott.)

“Snyder and Jones hate Goodell,” Schnatter said. “I said, ‘No, this is not my job to fire your Commissioner. He works for you.’ Remember, Goodell is a coward, and he is incompetent. And he’s just lucky. Jerry Jones, the owner of the Cowboys, Indra Nooyi [former CEO] with PepsiCo, and Dan Snyder all called me — several other folks — about Goodell’s conduct and the way he was handling this. Jones and Dan Snyder . . . wanted Goodell fired. This is like . . . the first of November, end of October. They called and said, ‘You need to take this guy out. You’re the number one sponsor of the league, as far as notoriety and acceptance and association. Everybody loves you, they love Peyton [Manning, a Papa John’s franchisee and sponsor]. We hate Goodell.'”

Schnatter also claimed during the interview that Snyder called Goodell a “drunk, and yet we pay him $50 million a year.”

Former Papa John's CEO: Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder wanted me to get Roger Goodell fired - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

• Haha 2

LOL, Roger Goodell, Dan Snyder, Jerry Jones and Papa John- that's like a clown car of despicable people.

I'm not sure how the CEO of Peps- Indra Nooyi- i got namedropped into that with no further context/explanation though :D

• Like 1