Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

Musk is good for an upstart Tesla that's trying to make a name for itself, not a Tesla in 2022.  the expectation from the public is that they're going to behave themselves.  Musk's current behavior is not appealing to many, many prospective customers no matter how much you may want to agree with him on a personal level.  And that matters.

16 minutes ago, fullnelson9999 said:

Musk is good for an upstart Tesla that's trying to make a name for itself, not a Tesla in 2022.  the expectation from the public is that they're going to behave themselves.  Musk's current behavior is not appealing to many, many prospective customers no matter how much you may want to agree with him on a personal level.  And that matters.

I think you are framing your argument in an es bubble. Their are just as many if not more people who agree with Musk and who can buy a Tesla as their are people who disagree with him.  Tesla isn’t a blue brand. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

20 minutes ago, Hersh said:

What a surprise. The person who thinks Musk can do no wrong defends him talking to Russia and promoting some ridiculous peace plan that favors Russia as "it's good for business". Maybe Tim Cook should call Putin too. I mean, what is Apple thinking?!?!

I was talking about from Telsa boards perspective. Not how I feel about it, personally.

I disagree with Musk on negotiating a settlement where Ukraine gives up land, or allowing the PRC to unify with Taiwan via special administrative zone like Hong Kong. History is pretty clear these are only temporary measures that allow the agressors time to regroup.

It's far more than dumb tweets. It's associations, bad business ventures and lacking focus on Tesla for any other reason. But please, keep pretending that the tesla robot is a good use of resources.

you don’t really know what AI day is about do you? It has little to do with the Robot and more to do with the marketing going on. It’s about tryin to acquire software programmers. Not about a robot. The robot is just marketing.

Or that the cyber truck will be awesome, whenever the **** it actually comes out. It definitely would not have been a good idea to release an regular old electric truck a couple of years ago instead. 

Tesla is supply constrained. They cannot produce enough electric vehicles (or batteries) fo meet the current demand for their current products. There is no need to bring a new variant to market. Personally I like the cyber truck, form what I’ve seen, but it is an acquired taste. And releasing the cybertruck doesn’t preclude them from releasing a more base version of a truck in the future. 

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I was talking about from Telsa boards perspective. Not how I feel about it, personally.

I disagree with Musk on negotiating a settlement where Ukraine gives up land, or allowing the PRC to unify with Taiwan via special administrative zone like Hong Kong. History is pretty clear these are only temporary measures that allow the agressors time to regroup.

you don’t really know what AI day is about do you? It has little to do with the Robot and more to do with the marketing going on. It’s about tryin to acquire software programmers. Not about a robot. The robot is just marketing.

Tesla is supply constrained. They cannot produce enough electric vehicles (or batteries) fo meet the current demand for their current products. There is no need to bring a new variant to market. Personally I like the cyber truck, form what I’ve seen, but it is an acquired taste. And releasing the cybertruck doesn’t preclude them from releasing a more base version of a truck in the future. 

It's amusing for you to claim someone else lives in a bubble talking about Musk. You have an excuse for all the dumbass **** he does. Musk could be at a Klan meeting and you'd tell us how he's just expanding his customer base. 

"Seriously you all, talking to Putin about the war is just good for business." 

"Blasting Democrats is a shrewd move to expand the customer base."

"It's brilliant not to beat the competition with a truck that could've been done a couple of years ago."

"Twitter is a great investment."

39 minutes ago, fullnelson9999 said:

100 percent correct. People are looking for stability and product improvement. Musk has plenty of other companies to keep him busy. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I think you are framing your argument in an es bubble. Their are just as many if not more people who agree with Musk and who can buy a Tesla as their are people who disagree with him.  Tesla isn’t a blue brand. 

It's not about the customers, it's about the investors, the board of directors, and Musk's semi-unhinged volatility and its effect on the company

He's already had to step down as chairman. From what I've read, Tesla doesn't have separate "super voting" classes of stock that Musk owns that basically give the holder of the shares a bunch of additional "votes" on the board for each share owned. Some founders manage to do that (Zuck at FB, Brin and Page at Google) but most don't.

There are 9 people on the Tesla board. One of them is Elon's brother, Kimbal, so he's obviously going to vote against removing Elon. But if the other 7 decide he has to go, then he'd have to go. If Musk keeps up his idiocy and it keeps affecting Tesla and its shareholders, they could possibly decide to bring someone else in and give Elon the boot as CEO.

Also add in the fact that Elon is being such a prick about working from home, so there's probably a lot of poor morale at Tesla.

Edited by mistertim

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I

There are 9 people on the Tesla board. One of them is Elon's brother, Kimbal, so he's obviously going to vote against removing Elon. But if the other 7 decide he has to go, then he'd have to go.

that’s true. But also extraordinarily unlikely with the facts as they are now.

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Russian gangsters buy them too.

I would think that the US government would have if not absolute power to decide, but a huge ability to pressure SpaceX into doing their bidding, due to the their existence is dependent on government contracts, they need the governments permission to conduct any launches, operate in any of the satellites, and space x operates in a strategic industry…. 

the source is one political analyst. Not exactly strong reporting…

Response to the last few posts in the Ukraine topic…

In real life though…

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/elon-musk-unveils-burnt-hair-perfume-sells-1-million-of-the-stuff/

The world's richest man, Elon Musk, has scented a new opportunity to capitalise on quirky products, launching a perfume called "Burnt Hair" that he said sold 10,000 bottles to earn a million dollars in just a few hours.

image.jpeg.26308b06ab525f18ef768e2e455a2ff4.jpeg

• Confused 1

Starlink’s market dominance affecting DoD’s hybrid network plans

As SpaceX’s Starlink continues to gain military customers, the Pentagon worries that the company’s use of proprietary technology will make it difficult to integrate into a hybrid architecture that DoD hopes to build.

This is becoming an issue for the Defense Innovation Unit, which is leading a project to develop a hybrid space architecture, integrating satellite communications systems across low, medium and geostationary orbits.

Speaking Oct. 13 at the MilSat Symposium in Mountain View, California, Rogan Shimmin, program manager of DIU’s space portfolio, said it will be difficult to build a hybrid architecture if the largest commercial satellite internet constellation is not interoperable with other providers. 

Without mentioning Starlink by name, Shimmin said “there is a particular commercial satellite provider in low Earth orbit, for example, that is several years ahead of the rest of the field. They do tend to try to establish interfaces, proprietary interfaces, that don’t necessarily want to play well with others.”

DIU’s hybrid space architecture would use commercial communication systems as transport pipes to move data collected by imaging satellites and deliver it quickly to government users. The concept assumes that commercial satellites will talk to each other via interoperable links. 

Shimmin said his office awards contracts to commercial companies with incentives that “gently encourage different vendors to cooperate together.” By doing that, “we’ve created a much more collaborative relationship with our vendors.”

DIU is working with the Space Force and the Air Force Research Laboratory on the hybrid architecture. The project is intended to support Pentagon efforts to connect ground, air, maritime and space systems, a concept known as Joint All-Domain Command and Control, or JADC2. 

The backbone of the hybrid network will be DoD’s Transport Layer, a constellation to be deployed by the Space Development Agency, he said. “We want to augment it with the commercial communications architectures that are coming online to proliferate the internet in space, get every satellite talking to every other satellite, relaying through ground stations regardless of who owns the ground stations, they should all function as routers.”

The thinking in JADC2 is “to embrace multiple providers so we don’t have a single point of failure,” said Shimmin. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 1

Ukraine has essentially said their military is operationally dependent on Elon Musk… 🤷‍♀️

Does that mean he runs things? I don’t know…. He depends on US government to allow his company to operate.

how far we have come from “starlink won’t do anything useful” right @mistertim????

12 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Ukraine has essentially said their military is operationally dependent on Elon Musk… 🤷‍♀️

Does that mean he runs things? I don’t know…. He depends on US government to allow his company to operate.

how far we have come from “starlink won’t do anything useful” right @mistertim????

Starlink will be useful for exactly what I've said in the past: providing access to underserved areas that don't have widely deployed fiber or 5G. That's its niche, and can be good for that. But it will never replace fiber or 5G and future 6G terrestrial deployments. Whether that's enough for Starlink to make any money, considering their operational costs, remains to be seen.

• Haha 1