Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are injuries the real recurring problem with the WFT?

Tomel

Our players are constantly injured because they're not that good. It's not a luck or preparation thing. (at least not solely those things) 

E.g.

We signed William Jackson and he wasn't healthy. It doesn't mean he's going to get healthier and play better at some point. It means we shouldn't have signed him or we gambled and lost. 

• Thumb down 1

I am not sure on Jackson, but didn't Thomas & Samuel both have a history of struggling staying on the field due to injuries?  Nothing devastating, more like the Jordan Reed type where it could just be bad luck, but it seems like they can't go a game or two without SOMETHING going wrong?  It is hard to run an offense when two big pieces are off the field half the season if not more.

Maybe the gourmet chef that Snyder has there now is preparing meals that are deprived of vitamins, or too nutrition-based.

I remember seeing a clip of the chef there and the odd dishes he made, Gordon Ramsey crap.

Give these linemen their damn quad cheeseburgers with 5 slices of cheese; put some beef on them. These guys are getting pushed around because their energy is down and they've got nothing to throw into their moves, especially when the guy across them is bigger.

11 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd imagine that will change when we build the new stadium, because I'm sure Dan is going to try and out do Jerry.

The football team would benefit greatly if Dan copied Jerruhs facilities, he copied the benches so obviously he likes what Jerruh does.

Snyder has money he needs to cough it up and make a state of the art compound with all of the necessary team facilities, including the training rooms, medical facilities, mental health facilities, yoga and pilates instructors, dieticians, team chefs, a team hotel with room for close family members (wives and young kids), film rooms for the players, literally anything that could possibly be needed.  The teams players should not be left wanting anything while training and practicing at the facilities.

There's no excuse for him to cheap out other than he is cheap.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 1:06 PM, NoCalMike said:

I am not sure on Jackson, but didn't Thomas & Samuel both have a history of struggling staying on the field due to injuries?  Nothing devastating, more like the Jordan Reed type where it could just be bad luck, but it seems like they can't go a game or two without SOMETHING going wrong?  It is hard to run an offense when two big pieces are off the field half the season if not more.

looking at Wiki Thomas doesn't seem to have much injury history.  He played in 16 seasons the past two seasons, and 12 games each the prior two, where the big issues seems to be him switching positions and teams

Samuel in the past four seasons played 9, 13, 16, 15 with the one game he missed last year due to COVID

so, no, I don't think your claim these guys are always dinged is accurate

edit: sorry bout the double post, I thought these would be merged

Edited by MrJL