Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insomniac thread: 2021 - Week 14 - Welcomes the restless, die hard drunken fans!!!

zCommander

.In 1978, the Cowboys were a juggernaut.  If not for the Steelers and the Vikings, the Cowboys might’ve won 5-6 consecutive Superbowls.  Staubach in particular, was a devil.

In 1978, the Redskins were an afterthought.  We had gone to the SB and made the playoffs 71-75 with the league’s oldest team.  78 was year 2 of a full rebuild.

But the defense was still legit…Houston, Lavender, McClintock.  And we had a new coach and new talent on offense….Pardee/Theismann/Riggins.

We got a look at the big time on a Monday Night and the foundation was laid.  If you know, you know.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Gibbs comes out of retirement and gets alook at a soft, overrated Parcells Cowboys team in December?  Are you kidding?

Many people remember the Monday Night Miracle…and rightly so.  But this beatdown is pure Redskins catnip.

The past is the future…

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I don't remember this game at ALL, thanks for sharing.  Love there was a PD93 sighting!! 

Best tailgate, best crowd, best after game party.  Fed Ex was rocking that night.  Most of the Cowboys fans left at halftime.  They knew it was over.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Truck is packed.

Headed to FedEx in a few!

Can't wait!!!!

I'm so jealous. MAKE SOME NOISE!!!

23 minutes ago, tangoman21 said:

Gutted I can't watch this game live in the UK .    Thanks to the Gamepass black outs for games shown on Sky!

Downside to the WFT winning a few games.....    

Will have to make do with Redzone.

Use stream east.

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

.In 1978, the Cowboys were a juggernaut.  If not for the Steelers and the Vikings, the Cowboys might’ve won 5-6 consecutive Superbowls.  Staubach in particular, was a devil.

In 1978, the Redskins were an afterthought.  We had gone to the SB and made the playoffs 71-75 with the league’s oldest team.  78 was year 2 of a full rebuild.

But the defense was still legit…Houston, Lavender, McClintock.  And we had a new coach and new talent on offense….Pardee/Theismann/Riggins.

We got a look at the big time on a Monday Night and the foundation was laid.  If you know, you know.

There's a lot of similarities between the early Gibbs team and this one imo. Makes me pretty excited. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, zskins said:

Lots of Dallas fan on Twitter are holding on to Dak is 7-1 against Washington.

Do these fans know that we now have Riverboat Ron? 

I really want us to win today and want to see Twitter broken by Cowboys crying and tears running down their faces 😂🤣😂

Do they know McCarthy is something like 0-14 against Ron? 

1 hour ago, RansomthePasserby said:

And Gibbs II. Streaky teams with physical defense and ball control offense. We have better QB play now though.

The amount of joy that man got out of beating Dallas brings a tear to my eye. 

Style wise yep. When Gibbs came in we were trash and the Cowboys were great. We were total dogs against them. Had a QB who wasn't great, oline that was. Scrappy group of WRs with 1 awesome one. Under rated defense. Redskins started to surprise people, but we're total dogs in the East. Cowboys, Eagles and Giants were all better than us or at least very good.

And led by the great Joe Gibbs, we began to rise to one of the best teams for over a decade, despite never getting the spotlight. 

We'd go on to 5 SBs, winning 3 and then the owner sold the team and we sucked again.

All howl the rise of the Ron Rivera Redwolves!!!

**** Dallas. Let's run right down Parsons throat today.

• Like 1