Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Okay, If Gibbs comes back, Who at #5 we take?

REDALERT

I don't see Gibbs taking a TE in the first. He wants them to good blockers 1st and capable catchers second. He don't need someone like winslow, who would have a high cap hit.

I see Gibbs targeting a RB or DL. I do think an attempt to trade down will be tried.

What's the easiest way to guarantee a 4 game or so increase in wins? Hire a hall of fame coach. :D

Joe Gibbs didn't have first round draft picks at running back. He was able to get production out of free agents and lower round picks. I seriously doubt he'll do anything as silly as go with a running back in the first. I still can't even believe we're having this discussion as it seems so improbable. If I were to guess, I'd say the first pick if Gibbs is here will be Taylor. Why? No idea :).

Jackson is on the smallish side. Gibbs has really two backs, the big pounder who didn't fumble like Riggins or Riggs, then the scat back like a Joe Washington for Screens, draws ot stuff.

He used a blocking TE, and the H-Back, and a pass catching TE. Warren & Didder were the best 1-2 TE punch we ever had.

Originally posted by bubba9497

Jackson is on the smallish side. Gibbs has really two backs, the big pounder who didn't fumble like Riggins or Riggs, then the scat back like a Joe Washington for Screens, draws ot stuff.

He used a blocking TE, and the H-Back, and a pass catching TE. Warren & Didder were the best 1-2 TE punch we ever had.

I thoguht jackson was like 6'2, 220 pounds?

How big do you think Ernest Byner was? Or one hit wonder Timmie smith?

Ricky Ervin was the leading rusher one year with about 600 yards.... he gets the most out of whats available. heck he might like Betts.....if he stays healthy long enough.

The 6ft 220 back is kevin Jones. Jackson is like 230 or something.

Kellen Winslow could be a possibility. Gibbs loved kellen Winslow Sr. coming outta the Don Coryell system. Even though Joe loved big bruising blocking TE's, he never had a TE in the mode of Kellen Winslow Sr. Well, he now has a chance to snatch kellen's Sr. son. Sweet, so sweet, it could happen.

Gibbs is a great coach, he will maiximize the offense to suit the talents of the players. He's not married to a big back. We won are lost Super Bowl with Byner. Riggs was just for short yardage. He took advantage of Rypien's ability to throw the deep ball. Max protect. Go deep.

Archived