Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So will the Skins suck in Madden again?

NoCalMike

Originally posted by Cowbell Bufford

doesn't matter.

If you're good enough, you can win with Hamden at QB and Rock at RB.

Just do lots of misdirection.

on all madden? I played the last skins eagles game, and had Hassleback at qb (put his ratings in the 60s I think) and Rock at RB (59 ovr as a rb, 74 as a FB), and got my arse whopped, and I consider myself pretty good.

Actually, I don't think they'll be that bad. It depends on who they pick up on the D-Line. I found this Madden to be the most realistic ever. You have to fight to win with Hasselbeck, but it can be done. And the last roster update had Ramsey up to about 85 - he and Laveranues are great online.

Originally posted by BD

Actually, I don't think they'll be that bad. It depends on who they pick up on the D-Line. I found this Madden to be the most realistic ever. You have to fight to win with Hasselbeck, but it can be done. And the last roster update had Ramsey up to about 85 - he and Laveranues are great online.

Yes they are... I just beat KC 48-14 with Coles having 155 yds 4 TD's. Rock had 2 TD's as FB with 50 yds rushing. If you play them right you can win damn near every time!!!

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

HAIL VICTORY

:notworthy

Originally posted by DisturbedSkinsFan

Yes they are... I just beat KC 48-14 with Coles having 155 yds 4 TD's. Rock had 2 TD's as FB with 50 yds rushing. If you play them right you can win damn near every time!!!

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

HAIL VICTORY

:notworthy

Someone should have hooked Spurrier up w/ a copy of Madden :laugh:

Originally posted by NoCalMike

What will our overall team rating be, 75? On the bright side, Ramsey's rating should be much improved.

The Skins are a great team to use in Madden this year... not sure what makes you think they aren't any good.

Originally posted by REDALERT

Okay, whats the best defense to use against the Vikings on the All-Madden level? Any Madden guru's in here?

Depends on what type of plays are beng called. I stick mostly to the 4-3 playbook when I play because it has good blitz packages. A lot of people like the balanced book because it has the 3-4 and 46 defenses and there is a lot of variety.

In general though against the Vikes I would play a lot of man coverage with safety help over the top. Because of Culpepper's mobility, calling zones can be dangerous. If Dante buys enough time on a streak, Moss will run right through that zone and will run past Bowen for an easy 6. The one place you will have to really watch out is for Bennett out of the backfield. If he is manned up on a linebacker it wll make for a long game of dinks and dunks out of the backfield. I would try and manually cover him to keep him at bay. And even if he does pull in a few receptions, it beats the alternative of Moss burning you on go routes all game hehe.

I like a simple Under Man playing against the Vikes, flipping the scheme when necessary to get Arrington on Bennett. It helps if you spread yours LBs before the play starts, since a lot of times Bennett will burn an LB by beating him to the outside. If they keep trying to send a man up the middle to split your Cover 2, just call a Cover 3 or Robber every once in a while to keep them honest.

Originally posted by Skins_KDawg

Problem being, who would be the 'Skins if we played online? lol...

Kinda like that mcNugget commercial..

"I'm McNugget"

"No, I'm McNugget"

"Come on Donovan, I'm always McNugget!"

If someone insists on being the Skins I will usually pick the Ravens.

The only problem with the Skins team in Madden is the D line and back up corners. Kinda realistic if you ask me.

You do have to out score people online, because without any QB pressure, a decent online player will put up a ton of points on you. And to get pressure, you have to blizt a lot, because the front four will not even get to breath on the opposing QB. The blitzing usually leaves single coverage on the slot wr...I get killed by other teams slot wr a lot. People who know how to substitute using packages will easily get there #1 guy on Jimoh or Bauman...not a good thing.

If nows how to always play Champ on a certain wr no matter where he lines up, let me know, I don't see a way of making Champ ALWAYS cover the opponant #1 guy.

Originally posted by Kilmer

If nows how to always play Champ on a certain wr no matter where he lines up, let me know, I don't see a way of making Champ ALWAYS cover the opponant #1 guy.

You don't have the ability to do that in this year's game. It's kind of odd because the NFL2k/ESPN series has for a little while, you would think EA would add it at some point. I have always thought that the Skins D played a little better than they should in the game this year. I have had a lot of success with them blitzing... and in the online league I play in Bruce Smith has a bunch of sacks...go figure.

one day....madden will be on xbox live.....and all will be well with the world.......

i don't know how bad our team's ratings will be next year.....

probobaly in the 80's just like this year....

this team has the talent....

as mentioned, I too am hoping we get some new Dlineman to help with the pressure though......

Archived