Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So will the Skins suck in Madden again?

NoCalMike

Originally posted by big z

one day....madden will be on xbox live.....and all will be well with the world.......

I have heard that it might be on there next year, you might not have to wait for too long.

Probably, but that's only because Madden is based solely on numbers. When a team goes 5-11 player numbers will be decreased. When they go 10-6 they'll be bumped. There's no real coaching component as an advantage. They should work that in to be honest. Part of the program where if you are coached by Bill Parcells you don't blow as many coverages as if you are coached by Spurrier :). Something like that.

Probably, but that's only because Madden is based solely on numbers. When a team goes 5-11 player numbers will be decreased. When they go 10-6 they'll be bumped. There's no real coaching component as an advantage. They should work that in to be honest. Part of the program where if you are coached by Bill Parcells you don't blow as many coverages as if you are coached by Spurrier :). Something like that.

Originally posted by Art

Coaching does affect player ratings though. In owner's mode, in the offseason if you get a coach who has a high rating (I'm not sure what affects what) then you will see your players stats higher. For instance, say you hire Junior Seau as your Defensive coordinator, you'll see certain stats for your linebackers in yellow, those are the stats that have gone up. maybe they'll work off of that for next year :)

Originally posted by Art

Coaching does affect player ratings though. In owner's mode, in the offseason if you get a coach who has a high rating (I'm not sure what affects what) then you will see your players stats higher. For instance, say you hire Junior Seau as your Defensive coordinator, you'll see certain stats for your linebackers in yellow, those are the stats that have gone up. maybe they'll work off of that for next year :)

I think the Skins are pretty good in Madden. I've won a few times playing with them online. Champ Bailey is my MVP everytime I play. Lots of interceptions and a fantastic kick returner. The offensive line is one of the best in Madden 2004 so I don't care if I don't have a star running back and Coles is just as good as any top receiver. Ramsey might have a low overall rating but that's because he's so young. His important stats, pass accuracy and strength are still high so he's a good QB in that game. The linebackers of course kick arse but my only complaint is the same as the real Redskins, the defensive line sucks! I try to control your team's defensive ends to apply ANY pressure, and other teams quarterbacks have way too much time no matter who I blitz. :( One little tip, when you play dime packages and your opponent is using a heavy receiver package with little protection, choose the package that plays Arrington and choose a LB blitz. Arrington is another monster in that game and if you manually control him, you can sack the snot out of the QB. The Redskins were a better team than the Cowboys at the beginning of the year but now that Maden has raised the Cowboys defense and Quincy Carter to the correct numbers, they kick arse on Madden.

I think the Skins are pretty good in Madden. I've won a few times playing with them online. Champ Bailey is my MVP everytime I play. Lots of interceptions and a fantastic kick returner. The offensive line is one of the best in Madden 2004 so I don't care if I don't have a star running back and Coles is just as good as any top receiver. Ramsey might have a low overall rating but that's because he's so young. His important stats, pass accuracy and strength are still high so he's a good QB in that game. The linebackers of course kick arse but my only complaint is the same as the real Redskins, the defensive line sucks! I try to control your team's defensive ends to apply ANY pressure, and other teams quarterbacks have way too much time no matter who I blitz. :( One little tip, when you play dime packages and your opponent is using a heavy receiver package with little protection, choose the package that plays Arrington and choose a LB blitz. Arrington is another monster in that game and if you manually control him, you can sack the snot out of the QB. The Redskins were a better team than the Cowboys at the beginning of the year but now that Maden has raised the Cowboys defense and Quincy Carter to the correct numbers, they kick arse on Madden.

I have played a few games since the last roster update and there is a BIG difference from earlier in the season, example WR drop more balls, other teams break tackles more easily, and the D-line gets pancaked more often plus it's harder to develop a run game which before I had no problem averaging about 80yds rushing a game online. Plus with Ramsey out Hassbecks arm strentgh and awareness is lower which makes it harder to complete passes, plus the Offensive and defensive ratings are down about 3-5 points with the overall team point down I think by 2 or 3.

If you play online there is a difference they are definately weaker

I have played a few games since the last roster update and there is a BIG difference from earlier in the season, example WR drop more balls, other teams break tackles more easily, and the D-line gets pancaked more often plus it's harder to develop a run game which before I had no problem averaging about 80yds rushing a game online. Plus with Ramsey out Hassbecks arm strentgh and awareness is lower which makes it harder to complete passes, plus the Offensive and defensive ratings are down about 3-5 points with the overall team point down I think by 2 or 3.

If you play online there is a difference they are definately weaker

Fella's we are Redskins fans but stop the Madness!! Madden Sucks get a real game on a real system, ESPN Football and an Xbox with Xbox Live~

The graphics on Madden are sick (in a bad way) I used to be a Madden Fanatic but I woke up and played ESPN the game play and Ramsey looks like Ramsey, Coles like Coles etc......

If you want a real challenge All Pro Level and my gamertag is Arringtonhitz

I am also in a online league and am one game away from the Super Bowl!

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?cmenuid=1&url=neroticfix

Fella's we are Redskins fans but stop the Madness!! Madden Sucks get a real game on a real system, ESPN Football and an Xbox with Xbox Live~

The graphics on Madden are sick (in a bad way) I used to be a Madden Fanatic but I woke up and played ESPN the game play and Ramsey looks like Ramsey, Coles like Coles etc......

If you want a real challenge All Pro Level and my gamertag is Arringtonhitz

I am also in a online league and am one game away from the Super Bowl!

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?cmenuid=1&url=neroticfix

Archived