Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Transgender Rights - Should someone who transitioned from a man to a woman be allowed to compete against women in athletics?

goskins10

There are arguments to be had on both sides of this discussion. It is also I believe more than jsut how we participate in sports. This is the place that fairness and civil rights seem to collide. 

I personally think there are consequences to any decision. To me one is you can't take advantage of how you were born to then change your privates to then compete against the opposite sex you were. But I get the civil rights argument. 

This seemed to have enough steam to have it's own thread. 

@LadySkinsFan @TD_washingtonredskins @TheGreatBuzz  and all others interested - please bring your conversation here. There is obviously some passion around this subject so it seems it deserves it's own thread. 

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Someone else just started a thread on transgender and sports.  But I think a thread on broader trans rights should be done.  Just my 2¢

Sorry I missed it. There was still so much discussion on the other thread still I honestly didn't look as hard as I might have. 

@TK @Jumbo    Sorry to bother you. Can someone please close this thread? I looked - apparently not well - but clearly missed there was another thread already started. My apologies. 

• TK locked this topic

Archived