Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Race to 2020 NFL playoffs/ Your 2020 playoff predictions

88Comrade2000

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m rooting for the browns to make the playoffs, and at least get a playoff W under their belts. That would be nice to see. 

My super bowl wish is the Bucs. They’d be the first team to host the super bowl at their own stadium. 

While this is technically true, in that no team has played in their own stadium, it would be a stretch, IMO, to say that the LA Rams playing in the Rose Bowl in 1979 and the 49ers playing in Palo Alto in 1984 were not pretty much home games for those teams in those Super Bowls.

49 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

While this is technically true, in that no team has played in their own stadium, it would be a stretch, IMO, to say that the LA Rams playing in the Rose Bowl in 1979 and the 49ers playing in Palo Alto in 1984 were not pretty much home games for those teams in those Super Bowls.

I mean home games as in, in their own stadium that they play all their games in. Solely based on that, no team has played in the OWN stadium for any super bowl. You know what i meant. 

14 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean home games as in, in their own stadium that they play all their games in. Solely based on that, no team has played in the OWN stadium for any super bowl. You know what i meant. 

Yes, agreed, and I said as much.  Just pointing out that there have been two Super Bowl participants that did enjoy a real home team advantage, although not in their own actual stadium.

Week 11 is in the books.  Here's the current update standings for the playoffs:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

AFC 

The AFC still has 9 teams contending for the 7 playoff spots.   Losing this weekend hurt both Baltimore and Miami.  Baltimore is fading. They will still have a winning season but I don't see them making the playoffs and they will finish 3rd in the AFC North.  Looks like we are heading for a Steelers - Chiefs matchup in the AFC Championship game.  Or are we?  Can Buffalo beat those 2?  Buffalo still plays Pittsburgh.  Will Philip Rivers and the Colts beat Pittsburgh or K.C.?    Can the Raiders do it?  I don't see Tennessee having the same run they did last year.  Cleveland will be one and done.

Until proven otherwise; I still think K.C. repeats as Superbowl champs.  Why?  Patrick Mahomes.

NFC 

Excluding the NFC East, there's 7 teams fighting for the other 6 playoff spots.  Unless Chicago goes on a run, I think the NFC playoff participants excluding the NFC East are pretty much set. Really, the only race in the NFC is for Home Field and who wins the pathetic East.  Whoever wins the East, will get the 5th place team.  Last week, that was Tampa.  Now, it is Seattle.  Whoever it is; they will crush the NFC East winner.   Can the NFc team beat the AFc team, probably not.

NFL Playoff Picture: AFC & NFC standings after Week 11

Until next week.

On 11/17/2020 at 4:08 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m rooting for the browns to make the playoffs, and at least get a playoff W under their belts. That would be nice to see. 

My super bowl wish is the Bucs. They’d be the first team to host the super bowl at their own stadium. 

Will they have the actual advantage of the crowd, though ? I mean, it's only going to be about 20% capacity.

So, what's the actual advantage - do they get pumped up when they smell the scent of their own grass ? :)

PFT: NFL Playoff Picture: AFC & NFC standings after Week 12 (before Ravens-Steelers)  

ESPN: NFL Playoff Standings 2020  

AFC

We know Pittsburgh is going to beat the Ravens tomorrow or whenever the game is held.  Pittsburgh will still be on top and the Ravens may slip behind the 9th place Raiders.

The AFC is a 10 team race when you include the 10th place Patriots(5-6).  Patriots could sneak in if they win all their remaining games.

NFC 

The NFC has 7 teams with a winning record but given the play of Tampa and Arizona; opportunity exits for the 3 5-6 teams.

#8- Minnesota: 5-6

#9- Chicago: 5-6

#10- San Francisco: 5-6

So, 10 teams are competing for the 6 playoffs outside the NFC East.  All 4 NFC East teams still have a shot at the lousy division.  So, really 14 teams are in contention in the NFC.

• 2 weeks later...

Final month of the season, the rush to make the playoffs or have dreams crushed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/

AFC 

Realistically, 10 teams are in contention for the slots and this weekend 8 of the 10 are playing each other.  So, the AFC playoff picture will get a little clarity.

NFC 

In the NFC, you really have 12 teams in the race for playoffs.  I am no longer counting Dallas an d Philly.  They have no shot of winning the East; their only shot of the playoffs.

The real race is whether NY or Washington wins the East and the 7th wild card.  All the 6-6 and 5-7 teams have a shot of WC #7.  

Good thing to be playing meaning football in December.

NFL playoff picture after Week 14: Packers, Chiefs wrap up divisions, assume No. 1 seeds  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff  

AFC 

There's still 10 teams with a shot of the playofffs but realistically it's that 7th playoffs seed where Miami, Baltimore and the fading Las Vegas are battling for that 7th spot.  Nothing has changed my mind that Kansas City repeats as champs.

NFC 

Not counting the 4 NFC East teams; there's now 9 teams for the other 6 playoff spots.  Really, the only open wild card spot is 7th seed occupied by Arizona.  

On 12/15/2020 at 1:37 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

AFC 

There's still 10 teams with a shot of the playofffs but realistically it's that 7th playoffs seed where Miami, Baltimore and the fading Las Vegas are battling for that 7th spot.  Nothing has changed my mind that Kansas City repeats as champs.

Is it possible that, even with the addition of a 3rd wild card team, that an 11-5 team might wind up missing the playoffs in the AFC, like the Patriots famously did in 2008 without Brady when there were only two wild cards (the Dolphins beat them out with the same record for the division)? At 13-1 KC seems to have the sole first-round bye, thus rendering some of the games of the last two weeks a little less meaningful than they might have been when two teams got byes. 

8 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Is it possible that, even with the addition of a 3rd wild card team, that an 11-5 team might wind up missing the playoffs in the AFC, like the Patriots famously did in 2008 without Brady when there were only two wild cards (the Dolphins beat them out with the same record for the division)? At 13-1 KC seems to have the sole first-round bye, thus rendering some of the games of the last two weeks a little less meaningful than they might have been when two teams got byes. 

It's possible but that would show how good the AFC is vs. the NFC.

NFL playoff picture after Week 15: Seahawks clinch spot, while Steelers leave AFC North up for grabs     \

AFC

With the Steelers losing tonight and if they lose again next week; their matchup against the Browns could be for the division. Who would've thought that, there's a chance the Browns could be playing for the AFC North title.

With 2 weeks to go, there's 9 teams vying for 7 slots.  Realistically, I think the 7-7 Raiders are done and that final slot is between Miami and Baltimore.  Baltimore has the easier schedule.

NFC

Excluding the NFC East, there's 7 teams vying for the other 6 slots. Really, it's Chicago and Arizona vying for that final slot.  Washington controls it's destiny as fas as the NFC East.

Nothing has changed my mind that Kansas City repeats as champs.  I think the AFC is looking at a Bills- Chiefs championship game.  I think the NFC is a little more  wide open.  The Saints aren't going anywhere. Brees is done.  Green Bay seems to be the favorite but they could be upset.

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The Saints aren't going anywhere. Brees is done.  Green Bay seems to be the favorite but they could be upset.

They'll be fine if Michael Thomas gets healthy. Drew had no one to throw to unless it was Kamara or Cook. They trotted out 3 practice squad guys at wide receiver this past week. Emanuel Sanders isn't what he used to be and couldn't get open either. Drew did have some rust to shake off but was better in the second half. They should have put Murray in as the every down running back and put Kamara at wide receiver for the whole game.

Defensively they're fine. 

NFL playoff picture 2020: Week 16 standings, bracket, scenarios and outlook for the postseason  

AFC 

Kansas City has homefield locked up.  So, it's Buffalo and Pittsburgh battling for the 2nd second.

These 10-5 teams are battling for the playoff spots:  Tennessee, Miami, Baltimore, Cleveland and Indianapolis.  One of those teams will miss out on the playoffs altogether.

NFC 

Home field is still to be decided among Green Bay, Seattle and New Orleans.

Los Angeles, Chicago and Arizona are battling for the final spots and only 2 of them will make it.

NFC East is simple.  We win, we are in.  If not, then Dallas-New York winner is in.

In the AFC; Kansas City is still the heavy favorite to repeat as champs.  I think only Buffalo might be the team to prevent that.

In the NFC, if Green Bay gets home field; think they will be tough to beat.  

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to Race to 2020 NFL playoffs/ Your 2020 playoff predictions

2020 NFL Playoff Predictions 

AFC Playoffs 

Wild Card:  (2)Bills over (7) Colts, (3)Steelers over (6)Browns, (4)Titans over (5)Ravens

Divisional:  (1)Chiefs over (4)Titans, (2)Bills over (3)Steelers

Championship:  (1)Chiefs over (2)Bills

NFC Playoffs 

Wild Card:  (2)Saints over (7)Bears, (3)Seahawks over (6)Rams, (5)Buccaneers over (4)Team

Divisional: (1)Packers over (5)Buccaneers, (3)Seahawks over (2)Saints

Championship: (1)Packers over (3)Seahawks

Superbowl 

Chiefs over Packers

AFC: Bills over Colts, Ravens over Titans, Browns over Steelere

Chiefs over Browns, Bills over Ravens

Bills over Chiefs

NFC: Saints over Bears, Seahawks over Rams, WFT over Tampa

GB over WFT, Saints over Seahawks

GB over Saints

Buffalo over GB in SB

AFC:  Don’t care over Don’t care, Don’t care over Don’t care, Don’t care over Don’t care

Don’t care over Don’t care, Don’t care over Don’t care

Don’t care over Don’t care

NFC:  Don’t care over Don’t care, Don’t care over Don’t care, WFT over Tampa

WFT over Don’t care, Don’t care over Don’t care

WFT over Don’t care

WFT over Don’t care in SB

:redskins-3908:

The Divisional Playoffs  

Rams @ Packers, Buccaneers @ Saints

Ravens @ Bills, Browns @ Chiefs

I went 3-3 on wild card weekend.

My revised Predictions:

Packers, Saints, Bills and Chiefs.   All 4 home teams win.  The Bills and Saints are the 2 teams that could lose but I think they eek out wins.

Archived