Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vermeil Stepping Down

StevieInferior

Vermeil would be on my top list. He has a way of motivating his players to play FOR him. I can't think of a time when players - when losing - said anything bad about the guy. I like that! Sure, it takes 2-3 years for his system to work completely, but at least we'd have something to look forward to.

I don't understand why anyone here would frown on the idea of a Vermeil-led Redskins team. The guy is a complete winner all around. He's proven!

Thing is, everytime he has a great year with a team he bails out. I'd like to see a coach come in, take our team to the top for at least 5 years straight.

Has anyone else thought back to a couple of weeks ago when Sonny made some kind of cryptic remark indicating there was hope and a light at the end of the tunnel? I don't remember the exact particulars, but since SOS quit I've wondered if we've already got our eyes on someone and a plan in the works to get our guy?

Vermeil is my favorite coach in the league. But as someone else mentioned, he has a standard MO. First two years are to get his system in place and get the players to buy into it and by year three, they start winning at a high level.

I can't see Snyder, as impatient as he is, hiring a guy that ALL indications show it will take 2 years of building.

I can't see Vermeil wanting to work for Snyder either with Snyder's reputation.

Originally posted by Jimbo

He's a great motivator and gets his guys to buy into his schemes. At this point, though, he may be a little old to start over again with a new team.

Wasn't he supposed to be old when he won a Super Bowl with St. Louis? And don't even mention Kanasas City. The Redskins have (much more) more talent on defense than the Chiefs. Defense wins championships. Just ask the last 3 champions Tampa, New England shutting down St. Louis and Baltimore).

Archived