Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heels Dug In Forever: Die Hard Fans and Snyder

kleese

Dan Snyder is bad at his job, that much is clear. I was a fan before Dan Snyder, I’ll still be a fan when he’s gone. I won’t judge anyone for doing whatever they feel they should. But I’d also appreciate the same respect if I root for the team irrespective of the name change, cultural fiasco, or horrible record brought on by a bad owner. 

23 hours ago, The Sisko said:

Just stop. It’s about being a greedy, skinflint in most areas of running the team. this is patently stupid, parsimonious and plain negligent. So, the solid conclusion I can draw about this is that he either knew/participated, is an extreme simpleton or simply didn’t care what would result from this kind of mismanagement. we can say Snyder is toxic gobbidge. Straight gobbidge. Other than being lucky enough to cash out of the dot com boom/bust at just the right point, everything he’s touched has turned to crap, our football team being Exhibit A. 

It's clear you don't like him but that's really not the issue. There are toxic bosses in many workplaces - if you haven't experienced one yet count your blessings.  Until I hear evidence to the contrary the buck stops with the chief executive in the building.   

16 hours ago, PlayAction said:

It's clear you don't like him but that's really not the issue. There are toxic bosses in many workplaces - if you haven't experienced one yet count your blessings.  Until I hear evidence to the contrary the buck stops with the chief executive in the building.   

The buck didn't stop with the CEO of Purdue Pharmaceuticals over the opioid crisis.  It stopped with the owners.

55 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

The buck didn't stop with the CEO of Purdue Pharmaceuticals over the opioid crisis.  It stopped with the owners.

So now you equate Snyder with drug pushers?  Lol.  I don't think it's worth our time to discuss this further.

27 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

So now you equate Snyder with drug pushers?  Lol.  I don't think it's worth our time to discuss this further.

I just knew you were going to resort to that disingenuous BS.  Most people who are attempting to excuse bad behavior have to reach for that sort of red herring.  Enjoy your Danny love with no further commentary from me.  

36 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

I just knew you were going to resort to that disingenuous BS.  Most people who are attempting to excuse bad behavior have to reach for that sort of red herring.  Enjoy your Danny love with no further commentary from me.  

Have a good day.

On 7/19/2020 at 5:36 PM, PlayAction said:

OK, show and prove time. Yes, I’ve grown to loathe Snyder, but that’s immaterial. If he was putting a quality product on the field, I’d say so and the results would speak for themselves. Due to his style, personality and ownership of the team I hate, I don’t like Jerruh either. While far from perfect, if I’m honest, he’s done a decent job of fielding competitive teams with a more or less typical amount of offseason drama for an NFL team. I may not like him, but I can’t seriously claim that he’s a bad owner. (I need to go take a shower now. I feel dirty.🤢) Likewise, Jerry Richardson got booted out of the league for malfeasance so he clearly wasn’t the best person,  but during a similar length of ownership as Snyder’s, his expansion franchise started from nothing, went to the SB twice and was 9-8 in playoff appearances. By contrast, Snyder’s franchise has five playoff appearances and two playoff wins while cycling through a bunch of coaches, most of whom were undermined by Snyder and treated like crap. All the while, our team was generating little outside a ton of drama, disgruntled employees and fan unfriendly moves designed to bring in pennies. Notable examples of the latter include charging for tailgating/training camp admission, failing to upgrade the “TinyTron” screen in the stadium seemingly forever, and adding obstructed view seating, which in retrospect might be a merciful thing given the crap on-field product he was /is producing.

It’s true that there are a lot of toxic managers and yes, I have experienced a few of those. However, some of these kinds of managers are able to generate results in spite of their toxic management style. Clearly Snyder isn’t one of those. Now if I’ve told a pack of lies here, or there are a bunch of wins, championships or other successes achieved under Snyder’s ownership that I’m somehow missing, or if the owner isn’t responsible for the failings I’ve mentioned, please feel free to correct me. Otherwise, his record is what it is and it showcases his ineptitude, among other failings. So yeah, it’s not at all unfounded to say that he’s gobbidge and the city and team deserve better.

All of this over analysis is pointless. Real simple boys and girls. Snyder is not a leader in any way shape or form. He is a dweeb with a big ego who wants to show off his new toy (now not so new) which happens to be an NFL franchise. The result is exactly what you would expect..

On 7/21/2020 at 1:41 PM, The Sisko said:

It’s true that there are a lot of toxic managers and yes, I have experienced a few of those. However, some of these kinds of managers are able to generate results in spite of their toxic management style. Clearly Snyder isn’t one of those.

A tough boss who gets results is not a toxic boss. Toxic is what Snyder Communications was, with unrealistic sales demands, public shaming, 16-hour days being expected for no overtime pay, ridicule of those who complained, and an extremely high turnover rate. Incidentally, these are the same workplace behaviors identified by the 15 women who came out last week. The culture of the Redskins was the same as it was at Snyder Communications, so why shouldn't Danny Boy be held responsible?

Snyder is toxic because while he technically 'got results' from his workers at Snyder Communications (which made him the Belt Buckle Boy Wonder he is today), he failed to sustain it based on those factors I just mentioned. I believe the FBI shut the company down due to fraud. I know two people who used to work there, and they busted their behinds out of FEAR and not RESPECT. What did they learn there? How NOT to run a company that keeps people.

And who benefited from their overly hard work? Snyder alone. It made him the horrible person he is today. It's been clear for years that Snyder values people who kiss his behind rather than tell him the truth...no wonder Santos got to tun the scouting department for 14 years. Is anyone surprised by our on-field futility when the director of scouting clearly spent more time chasing skirts than chasing decent pass rushers?

Archived