Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THIS IS NOT SNYDER's FAULT!!

Thinking Skins

Originally posted by blakman211

He didnt run Ray Rhodes out of town. He ran Turner out of town. Rhodes was offered the coaching job. I definately don't mind giving up Rhodes to get rid of Norv.

He didnt run Lewis out of town. Lewis got promoted. Snyder can't stop that. I don't think Snyder made Lewis hate DC enough that he went and said he'd rather coach the Bengals than coach here. Don't think so.

If the man had any vision he would have hired Lewis to coach the Skins.Thats his problem.Always going for" Style over Substance".

Snyder and Cerrato put together a team that should be a lot better than 5-11. Plenty of teams have holes, just like the Skins do. The biggest problem that we have is that the coaches do not take advantage of the talent on the team. The defense is best suited to blitzing and and being aggressive, instead we play passive. The offense has a lot of talent but is forced to play in a lousy system that despite the claims of some, does not work in the NFL. And I don't want to hear about the RB's being hurt because even if they weren't Spurrier doesn't give two $hits about running the ball anyway. Besides the Pats have no running game and they are 14-2.

Not taking advantage of what you have is a coaching issue, not an owner issue. And that falls directly on Spurrier, even the problems with the defense. He is the head coach and when something is not working the head coach is supposed to step in and make changes. Of course Spurrier doesn't have a frickin clue how to do that and that's part of what makes him a lousy coach. Of course there are many, many things that make him a lousy coach bit I don't want to go on all day about that, though I could.

I think the team needs a GM ultimately, but to blame this season on Snyder is ridiculous.

Dan Snyder wants to win and is trying his best. The problem is in his mind he has to control every thing. He needs to bring in a top notch GM and learn from him. Even if we had the chance to the best GM and coaching staff they might so no because they would not be able to do what they feel is best without interferance.

Originally posted by Jimmythehair

The problem is in his mind he has to control every thing.

The problem is he is a fan playing owner/GM. It won't ever work because he doesn't know about football. It was so obvious last night. Franz our backup safety was being toast all night. We might have some decent players but we have no depth. We have to many "me" players. No DL, RB, etc.......

This all falls on the people bringing in personel. Danny and Vinny need to take a step back or it is just going to get worse.

Since Dan Snyder bought this team, 1 thing has remained constant. The team has gotten worse:

1999: 10-6

2000: 8-8

2001: 8-8

2002: 7-9

2003: 5-11

Proof is in the pudding. We are looking like fools with the coach he handpicked. Hell yes it is his fault.

He needs to leave football matters to football people.

There is plenty of blame to spread around.

1) The players get a share of the blame for not making enough plays to win games.

2) The coaches also get a share of the blame because it’s their coaching, or lack thereof, that allows “their” team to play like this.

3) Over the last decade or so this team has suffered through some bad 1st round drafting that should have laid a continuing foundation for the Redskins dynasty. Instead they give us, the fans … 1991: Bobby Wilson, 1992: Desmond Howard, 1993: Tom Carter, 1994: Heath Shuler, 1995: Michael Westbrook, 1996: Andre Johnson, 1997: Kenard Lang, 1998: None, traded for Big Daddy, 2001: Rod Gardner

4) The team has no starting quality DT’s on the roster.

But the lion’s share of the blame rests with the ownership, i.e. Dan Snyder.

1) He hired Vinny Cerrato, who had undermined the San Francisco 49ers as their player personnel director. The salary cap gets the blame for most of the 49ers’ problems, but an equal problem was their poor drafting during Cerrato’s time, highlighted (lowlighted?) by his push for QB Jim Druckenmiller in the first round of the 1997 draft. The slow-moving and slow-thinking Druckenmiller was woefully unsuited for the 49ers’ offensive system and was dumped by the team before the start of the ’99 season.

2) Dan “whatever, I’ll do what I want” Snyder tried to buy a Super Bowl title in 2000. Like a kid in a toy store, he bought free agents off the shelves getting players with big reps with little left in their tanks. These older players tired and played poorly down the stretch.

3) Snyder thought Jeff George was a better quarterback than Brad Johnson, forcing Robiskie to play George, so Johnson would leave at the end of the season.

4) His revolving door approach to coaches has gifted the team what? Four coaches (I think) in the last three years.

5) He refuses to bring in a GM who can make the right personnel decisions or a coach who can get the most out of his players.

snyderandcerrato.jpg

Originally posted by jbooma

The problem is he is a fan playing owner/GM. It won't ever work because he doesn't know about football.

That doesn't stop you from posting your opinions though does it? In fact, you might have even convinced yourself you know anything about football.

Here's the kicker. Snyder has been in the NFL 5 more year than you right now. And that disparity is growing by the second.

So a fan telling someone who's actually in the business he doesn't have a clue about the business is just egomanicial and ignorant.

Of course, when you had the opportunity to play GM in our Mock Draft... you made 3000 trades. And then proceeded to boast in your sigline how you were the undisputed Mock Draft champion.

Who's actually playing fantasy football?

1999: 10-6 thanks to us playing teams when they had key injuries and players having a career yr we are in the 2nd round oof playoffs

2000: 8-8 injury bug hits us hard at O line, QB, WR and kicker norv undermines team with migguided loyalty toward noodle arm B Johnson in midgets game and when forced to play J George we mount comeback come up short and he is fired for insubordination, Robiske was not coaching material in his eyes

2001: 8-8 We get a football guy marty(frankly) von shottenheimer who goes out of his way to alienate the vets including Mr Redskin we start out 0-5 then after a team meeting the players play for the team not the coach and mount a 8-3 record despite having tony banks at QB

2002: 7-9 New coach from the hated SEC whose offense is explosive with the right pieces. brings in former gatoors to mentor the youngsters and those not experienced in F&G peronel not there to be explosvive and the interior o line brings up memories of krispie kreme cause when it came to donuts our o line had no rival

2003: 5-11 upgrade o line and WR spots, but we dont resign headcase gardener and give chicken hawk aka big fatty an option to restructure he refuses signs at detroit for less and the local chicken population is no longer on endangered species list but we turn to several journeymen to fill the gap. lesser talent on the d line and an incompetent def coord had ND nearly set a new record for replacing remotes in a season

Originally posted by Die Hard

That doesn't stop you from posting your opinions though does it? In fact, you might have even convinced yourself you know anything about football.

Here's the kicker. Snyder has been in the NFL 5 more year than you right now. And that disparity is growing by the second.

So a fan telling someone who's actually in the business he doesn't have a clue about the business is just egomanicial and ignorant.

Of course, when you had the opportunity to play GM in our Mock Draft... you made 3000 trades. And then proceeded to boast in your sigline how you were the undisputed Mock Draft champion.

Who's actually playing fantasy football?

DH the business part of the game he knows very well but the actual game, of football he doesn't have a clue. Let me guess have you ever played football?? It is hard for someone who doesn't understand the x's and o's and all the players and what you need to be succesful at certain positions to suceed. Football is not something you can teach, you have to play it and live it.

Dan Snyder knows how to run a fine organization, he does not know hot to evaluate talent and bring it to the team.

The sad part is this is a guy like all of us, if we owned the team we might be just like him a big fan. You can't run a team and be a fan. You have to put your emotions on the side when making the correct decisions to make your franchise better. This is the nuber one rule in business. You never let you emotions get the best of you, it is obvious this has happend with Snyder.

Snyder should never have let SS bring in assistants with no experience. With one year for SS doesn't quite give him the experience he needs. The reason we were able to win some games last year is because of Marvin Lewis. It is amazing that we won those games with the QB play we had. If we had a veteran QB last year we would have been very good. A GM would have made sure that was the case instead of bringing your former players from college.

I never said I could be GM. Football is not something you can be tested on, you have know it and feel it.

The difference between dan and me is he is the owner, but we are both fans. The problem is I don't have the option or ability to let my emotions get in the way of doing what is right for this team, he does and continues to do it.

Look at the record since he has taken over, it has declined. Snyder is the only thing that hasn't been changed you can't deny that, so maybe it is time.

Originally posted by Riggodrill44

If the man had any vision he would have hired Lewis to coach the Skins.Thats his problem.Always going for" Style over Substance".

Good point, but one problem: Lewis doesn't want owner involvement. He told Mike Brown (Bengals owner) to bug out of football operations ... otherwise he wouldn't be the coach. Anyone here think that Snyder would've done the same? It would've been one huge culture clash with him as the head coach and Snyder doing all of the things that he does currently. :gus:

Originally posted by Redskins4Life

Good point, but one problem: Lewis doesn't want owner involvement. He told Mike Brown (Bengals owner) to bug out of football operations ... otherwise he wouldn't be the coach. Anyone here think that Snyder would've done the same? It would've been one huge culture clash with him as the head coach and Snyder doing all of the things that he does currently. :gus:

That is exactly our problem owner involvement in football operations. Snyder stubborness and ego refuses to hire football people and not meddle in football operations. Thus, this mess is all his fault and as long as he continues playing fantasy football with this franchise we will continue to live through seasons similar to 2003

Archived