Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: WASHINGTON #REDSKINS AND SCHAFFER MUTUALLY PART WAYS

TK

17 hours ago, Vanguard said:

The Larry Michael hate always makes me laugh.  He’s a company man.  You need at least one of those.  😂

He's more like a toadie... which I guess is a company man... 😂

19 hours ago, bowhunter said:

I think we will miss him more than we know. I always pictured him as the brilliant man in the background making everything work.

If that's the case, then he should have been shown the door with Bruce. Little-to-nothing has worked over the last 20 years.

3 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

He's more like a toadie... which I guess is a company man... 😂

If that's the case, then he should have been shown the door with Bruce. Little-to-nothing has worked over the last 20 years.

He's a snake-oil salesman. If you are changing your culture and looking to bring back the fans. You can't use the same untrusted voice that told you Jason Campbell > Peyton Manning because Manning was due for an injury. The same voice that responded on his short-lived radio shot to Redskins fans doubting Vinny that they are probably secret Dallas fans.

The Voice of the Team doesn't need to be negative. But they also can't spit bull****. Just be honest and even with an optimistic feel.

3 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

The Voice of the Team doesn't need to be negative. But they also can't spit bull****.

Feel like his outright bull**** has been a mirror image of the smugness and conceited views held by Allen and Snyder for so long. So self absorbed they actually thought they were smarter than anyone else. The results spoke otherwise. Never an admission though. Until now I guess that Bruce is **** canned. 

Messages delivered from heaven by Tony Wyllie presented to you by Larry Michael. Poop sprinkled with gold dust, delivered with the whisper thin veil of entertainment.

If he's wrong, "hey it's just entertainment." The laughably inane skintangibles. But never an admission. 

Somebody somewhere has to have a total record of all of Larry's picks over the years. I mean they kept track of Jimmy the greek's record, so there's got to be a Larry record somewhere. Let's see if it mirrors Dan's actual record over the same period ...?

I've met Larry Michael four or five times.  He's got no ego, he's genuine, he really does care about the team, and he does his job which is to literally be the voice of the team.  Meaning he says what the team wants him to say because that's what voices do, they're paid to speak whatever the team wants, not take a Jerry Brewer-type objective view.

Before I met him, I thought he was probably a tool.  He isn't.

I'm sure Larry is a nice guy, but his play by play leaves a lot to be desired. He could continue doing the fluff pieces, but they should put someone else in the booth.

Plus I think it's a little cheap to have a high ranking official in your organization as your radio guy.

Larry's job was specifically to hype the team, just like it was his job to hype the Hall of Fame picks. He's told to report about a rainbow spotted on the edge of a tornado's path, so that's what he does. Wanting him to be fired for it is the definition of shooting the messenger.

23 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I'm sure Larry is a nice guy, but his play by play leaves a lot to be desired. He could continue doing the fluff pieces, but they should put someone else in the booth.

Plus I think it's a little cheap to have a high ranking official in your organization as your radio guy.

Bro, what do you think he does that's so high-ranking?  From Redskins.com, https://www.redskins.com/team/front-office-roster/larry-michael:

His responsibilities also include production of all video content for Redskins.com TV, as well as production of all Redskins Broadcast Network television shows and broadcasts.

He's the top dog when it comes to what he does, he has nothing in terms of say when it comes to what we care about.  In entertainment, it's not at all uncommon for the top guy to also be the one who performs (remember, it's a performance).  After all, he is his own brand and we're not his first rodeo.

His play-by-play is what it needs to be, which is fine.  He's not going to be Merrill Reese, but he doesn't need to be.

I can't even believe we're talking about this.  What a good sign when THIS is what we're debating! #highfive

Archived