Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins have a better than 50% chance not to lose this Sunday

Burgold

Mind you, they're playing on Monday so there should be a 100% chance they don't lose, but this is one of those years. Still, if ever there was a sure thing, a feeling of certitude that your team can not lose it should be on a day they're not playing, right? On the other hand, these are the Redskins.

Are Gruden, Allen, and Manusky talented and clever enough to lose a game they haven't played yet? They might be. What could they arrange a full twenty-four hours before the teams even get to the stadium or a single player warms up?

I was thinking of suggesting in this thread that you run to the bookie and place a bet, but maybe you better not. This is a dangerous kind of year and if any team can figure out a way to go 0-17 it just may be us. On the other hand, I'm probably overthinking this. Yes, I think I am. The Redskins will not lose today! You can be so sure of it that you don't even have to turn on the TV. 

That's right.

Go outside. Play catch with your children or friends. Snuggle with a loved one. The world will still turn. The Redskins will not lose on Sunday. Hell, you can feel so comfortable in this prediction you can even watch some other game or better yet... read a book.

Then again... they are clever ****s. So, look both ways before crossing the street.

The team losing on Monday instead of Sunday this week allows me the chance to work on my Redskins erotica. Some of the steamier passages include:

- John Kent Cooke buying the team in 1999

- Vinny Cerrato being hired to run (ruin) the Dallas Cowboys

- A drunken death match between Bruce and Dan on Dan's super-yacht

Sorry to get ES all hot and bothered...

Sometimes I look at stuff people post and think "why?".

On a more productive note, I'm looking forward to a Sunday where I can watch a game of football and really enjoy it. No nervous feeling that the delicate bubble of a lead will pop at any second and misery will rain down. I'll even enjoy a beer, knowing that my mood won't be any different having had one. Maybe I'll respond to my wife's conversations with more than a grunt.

Yes, this might just be the best Sunday so far this season.

I think that our run game is going to really struggle Sunday and Peterson's yards per attempt will be about the same as he had in week 1.

On the bright side though, I don't think that Moses will get as many false starts / holding penalties as usual, but I'm not 100% confident on that one.

Archived