Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Politics Thread

Cooked Crack

7 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

It sounds like all of you are adamantly against calling a huge amount of cops heroic.

Right?

Then why don't you get out there?

Very easy to Siskel and Ebert that ****.

Yes, there is corruption in every realm of everything.

Don't demonize the real mfs.  Sad.

Funny thing, they don't care if you care or not.

Want to criticize healthcare?  Why don’t you become a doctor

Want to criticize gun laws?  Why don’t you learn everything about guns

Want to criticize the judicial system?  Why don’t you become a judge

Want to criticize overpriced repair work?  Why don’t you become a mechanic

Want to criticize policy?  Why don’t you run for office

Want to criticize the Fed?  Why don’t you become an economist

This line of reasoning is juvenile, impossible in practicality, and point blank stupid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Want to criticize healthcare?  Why don’t you become a doctor

Want to criticize gun laws?  Why don’t you learn everything about guns

Want to criticize the judicial system?  Why don’t you become a judge

Want to criticize overpriced repair work?  Why don’t you become a mechanic

Want to criticize policy?  Why don’t you run for office

Want to criticize the Fed?  Why don’t you become an economist

This line of reasoning is juvenile, impossible in practicality, and point blank stupid.

Snowball that effect.

The point is, cops have to go through incredibly tough moments every day.  Any moment, someone could whip out a handgun like Doc Holliday.

Let me ask you a direct question, if a person was threatening your - or anyone's life you are serving to - do you shoot them, or let them carry out the deed?

1 minute ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Snowball that effect.

The point is, cops have to go through incredibly tough moments every day.  Any moment, someone could whip out a handgun like Doc Holliday.

Let me ask you a direct question, if a person was threatening your - or anyone's life you are serving to - do you shoot them, or let them carry out the deed?

1- You have a tendency to write incomplete sentences that can’t be directly interpreted.

2- ”I have no actual reply so I will change the conversation”

3- ”I still have no actual reply so instead I will make up a scenario and shift the burden to someone else”

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

1- You have a tendency to write incomplete sentences that can’t be directly interpreted.

2- ”I have no actual reply so I will change the conversation”

3- ”I still have no actual reply so instead I will make up a scenario and shift the burden to someone else”

Answer the last question.

16 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Snowball that effect.

Let’s ask the Uvalde brethren.  Or the Parkland SRO.

• Thumb up 2

Just now, Ball Security said:

Let’s ask the Uvalde brethren.  Or the Parkland SRO.

So if we want secret service level investigation, on top of those operations, so to speak...we need more intel and money put in to it.

Same with what just happened in my city.  Tulsa, 4 people got shot up at a hospital.

What is your solution?

I cant help but wonder if that person who shot his doctor and others in Tulsa could have been stymied by a cooling off/waiting period. Buying a AR and using it that same day to commit mass murder can't look good for the pro-gun lobby. 

As an aside, getting away from medicinal use only for Marijuana thought process might have also been effective here if the guy was truly in pain as alleged. Not sure what the State laws are in Oklahoma, but some medicinal use only states can be quite overly restrictive in who is eligible (and also punitive towards dispensaries). 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

I cwnt help but wonder if that person who shot his doctor and others in Tulsa could have been stymied by a cooling off/waiting period. Buying a AR and using it that same day to commit mass murder can't look good for the pro-gun lobby. 

As an aside, getting away from medicinal use only for Marijuana might have also been effective here if the guy was truly in pain as alleged. Not sure what the State laws are in Oklahoma, but some medicinal use only states can be quite overly restrictive in who is eligible (and also punitive towards dispensaries). 

Word.  My first thought is - he was exacting revenge.  Good guns here are too easy to get.  I do think he lost his mind.  Which is what I'm afraid of for the entire society.  I see so many people that I wish I could help.

6 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

So if we want secret service level investigation, on top of those operations, so to speak...we need more intel and money put in to it.

Same with what just happened in my city.  Tulsa, 4 people got shot up at a hospital.

What is your solution?

Start by ridding ourselves the myth that an armed police force is going to miraculously prevent gun violence.

There is another thread on gun reform and another thread on policing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

When has anyone raised an issue with justified use of force?  Body cam doesn't prohibit officers from justified force.  If anything, it would empower them as there would be video evidence of the justification.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

5 hours ago, bearrock said:

When has anyone raised an issue with justified use of force?  Body cam doesn't prohibit officers from justified force.  If anything, it would empower them as there would be video evidence of the justification.

I'm raising the issue.

Because there are thousands of examples, now on video, of Cops desperately trying to be great at their jobs.

Getting murdered themselves in doing so.

Desperately trying to talk a perp out of their manic episode.  Using tasers and bean bags.

Until they have to go to sleep every night reliving the time their partner was killed because of x,y,z.  Or they had to kill the perp.  PTSD.

Let's defund them.

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

Actually @bearrock did a really good job explaining it on the previous page.

Care to answer my question? 

That you take funds...

Away from the police...

Is there some kind of backroom sorcery going on?

Why do I have to read a block of text for the explanation?

You yell - DEFUND THE POLICE.

6 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

That you take funds...

Away from the police...

Is there some kind of backroom sorcery going on?

It's been explained already. Either read it or stay uninformed.

• Thanks 2

Just now, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I actually don't. I think it's a ridiculous and inaccurate slogan.

The cops themselves have said for years they wear too many hats. They have to be EMTs, counselors, therapists, ect. So why not relocate some funds to do just that? That's what defund the police was really sposta mean but since it's a ****ty slogan that's not how it's viewed. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/boston/news/boston-police-commissioner-william-gross-budget-overtime-walsh/

7 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Mayhaps you're on a message board. Reading what someone took the time to post is kinda how this works. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1