Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

spurrier show

Leonard Washington

its on 980 now.

my summary so far.

there will be changes this year. he used the words reorganization and moving into another direction...

hassellbech says the gameplan was good but they never got a chance to use it. spurrier agreed and says he planned not only for the blitz but for cover 2 and other various formations.

sultan just isn't good enough in pass protection to get onto the field. needs more preseason experience to play.

says their still an effort problem. some guys play hard and some guys don't regardless if we win or lose. tired of guys missing assignments on both sides of the ball *seems like spurrier equates playing hard with playing smart too*

Originally posted by Cleotis

says their still an effort problem. some guys play hard and some guys don't regardless if we win or lose. tired of guys missing assignments on both sides of the ball

Some names that may not be on the roster next year (IMHO):

R. Gardner

M. Bowen

J. Trotter

B. Smith (Duh)

R. Wynn

i'm beginning to think so too...he just mentioned that he's tired of seeing guys standing around and not playing their assignments.

says he would like to yell more but he doesn't have enough control? then he goes on a tangent about the offense not being the same.

the sports reporter says: why don't you nflize your offense

spurrier: we did. pat used to do 7 step drops and chuck it while tim does shorter drops so it SEEMS like tim has a quicker release.

the end

I'm all for ridding the team of Gardner, Wynn, and obviously B. Smith. I'm thinking you have to give Trotter another year with his injury, but his role should be redefined and a scheme designed to allow him to attack the backfield.

Gardner is simply an inconsistent, dense, "me" first player who doesn't give constant effort. I truly believe he'll be traded in the offseason.

Wynn, although solid, just doesn't make any plays. Way to much money for a nondescript DE you could get off the street for the minimum. Heck... Holsey might make more of an impact at DE than Wynn.

Smith... good riddance you cancerous selfish piece of sh*t!!!!

If they didn't get a chance to use their gameplan, then it was most obviously NOT good.

hard to say skeletor, seems like phase 1 was establish the run (we did that), phase 2 to sprinkle in a pass or two to keep them honest, phase 3 more of phase one sprinkled in with a gimmick play or 2. its hard to do anything when your punter shanks kicks and cliff russell facemasks the GUY WITHOUT THE BALL, your star kr muffs a punt, and your qb thinks he plays for the cowboys.

I want to know who these guys are standing around... and I want them cut immediately!!!! Ridiculous!!! And... why doesn't he have the control needed to ax someone? If the coach doesn't want a player on the team...shouldn't he be able to let them go? <--------------Again... another indication of an Effed up organization.

says their still an effort problem. some guys play hard and some guys don't regardless if we win or lose. tired of guys missing assignments on both sides of the ball

I want to scream at Spurrier: "THAT'S A COACHING PROBLEM, BONEHEAD!"

What the fluck are coaches for, if not to motivate players? If you just need a good gameplan, they could mail that to the players on Thursday and they could do it by their damn selves.

If you've got a guy who doesn't play hard, cut him. You're the coach. If Snyder won't let you, then bench them. You're the coach. Grow some balls, you weasel. Quit crying in the media -- get out there and do your job.

For the last two games, bench everyone who's on your "doesn't play hard" list. If that means you've got to start scrubs at every position, so what? Who cares? No one's watching these pathetic games anyway. There is absolutely no reason to play a guy against the Bears or Eagles if he isn't working hard. No reason at all -- unless you're such a pusssy coach that you're afraid of offending losers like Bruce Smith.

Originally posted by skinsfanjoe

I agree with all of these except M.Bowen. He's been solid.

The reason I put Bowen on my list is that he misses a lot of tackles. He's always going for high arm tackles. Iffy does it a lot too, but he makes enough good plays to stay out of my dog house. I think we still need another Safety.

The best tackle he made all year was against Canidate in practice.

I really don't see a lack of effort from Bowen. He needs to work on his tackling, no doubt, but it's not a matter of trying. He was retreating so far on the Hambrick juke play because Edwards was afraid of getting burned by the big play that Hambrick had room enough to put the move on him. Does Roy Williams miss that tackle? Probably not, but Bowen isn't Williams.

We've been talking about how we need more blue-collar "effort" guys and Bowen seems to fit that mold to me.

But Wynn, Trotter, and especially Smith are obviously in the lack of effort category.

Originally posted by Even Madder

I want to scream at Spurrier: "THAT'S A COACHING PROBLEM, BONEHEAD!"

What the fluck are coaches for, if not to motivate players? If you just need a good gameplan, they could mail that to the players on Thursday and they could do it by their damn selves.

If you've got a guy who doesn't play hard, cut him. You're the coach. If Snyder won't let you, then bench them. You're the coach. Grow some balls, you weasel. Quit crying in the media -- get out there and do your job.

For the last two games, bench everyone who's on your "doesn't play hard" list. If that means you've got to start scrubs at every position, so what? Who cares? No one's watching these pathetic games anyway. There is absolutely no reason to play a guy against the Bears or Eagles if he isn't working hard. No reason at all -- unless you're such a pusssy coach that you're afraid of offending losers like Bruce Smith.

Yep, I agree 100%. Ole Ss just doesn't gt it does he?

Oh well, maybe by 06 we'll have something goin - maybe.

We obviously have to scrap the whole D-line, but in the meantime shouldn't we be playing D Russell? It might be a good idea to see if he can still play before attempting to resign him. He can't be any worse than what we've seen to this point.

Archived