• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      The home team fans are at home, these games no longer matter, and it’s probably better for the team to lose than it is to win.  It must be December in Washington.  Welcome to week 15!

Redskins Inactive: 
      Colt McCoy  
      Trey Quinn 
      Quinton Dunbar  
      Josh Harvey-Clemons  
      Ross Pierschbacher  
      Brandon Scherff  
      Caleb Wilson  

Eagles Inactive: 
      Nate Sudfeld  
      Nelson Agholor 
      Jordan Howard  
      Shareef Miller 
      Lane Johnson  
      Sua Opeta  
      Derek Barnet

There are two camps for Redskins fans at this time of year.  Those that want to tank and those that want to win.  If this describes you, I want you to know something important. You’re wrong.  You should probably feel bad about it too, but that’s your business.  The right way to go about this, is simply to embrace the doublethink.  

Before and after the game it’s perfectly reasonable to acknowledge that losing has its advantages.  It does and it is undeniable.  Afterall we could be talking about the difference between Chase Young being in a Redskins uniform, or not.  What we need for that to happen is simple.  Redskins lose out.  Giants beat the Dolphins and Redskins.  Dolphins beat the Bengals.  All of these things are perfectly reasonable outcomes.  We’re that close to having an elite pass rusher.   

Before that happens, we have a game to play.  It is in this moment that we should embrace the other side of our demented doublethink.  While the game is being played, especially against a division opponent, fans should want their team to do well.  Assuming they have a soul and any decency.  There is just no way that I can root for the Eagles to beat the Redskins during a game.  If you are the type of fan that does this, I hope you find someone that can fix what has broken inside of you.   

Pregame Prediction:  Redskins 23 – Eagles 30  
      More interesting game we are missing because we are still watching the Redskins:  Packers – Bears  
      Things I am snacking on:  Brownie.   
      Number of colons used:  Six.  (so far)  

Check back for updates.  I’m going to wander around the room for a while and stretch my legs to get away from a certain well-known ESPN Eagle fan’s boring conversations that my ear phones aren’t blocking out entirely.
Riggo#44

2019 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread (Strasburg has re-signed, 7 yrs $245m))

Posted (edited)

Baseball is being played by DCs baseball team.

CaptainObvious_SaluteAnimated.gif

Edited by CRobi21

Posted (edited)

"See you upstairs later"  Bob Carpenter sucks so gd much.

The homerun was awesome though 🙂

Edited by queso87

So the inside strike is not available for Corbin..

And Hunter Renfroe goes deep.

And it's already 11:30 for you guys on the east coast. lol

I've got a bad feeling about the prospects of keeping them under 4 runs, but I believe in this lineup. 

Fedde looks like an entirely different pitcher compared to last year.  He's been awfully impressive.

• Like 2

standup 1 out triple for Eaton. Rendon & Soto couldn't get him home

14 straight innings without a run

giphy.gif

why did Gomes slow ass try to advance in the top of the 9th? you don't make the 1st or 3rd out at third base

They just let the go ahead run steal 2nd.

Gave it away, cheeks spread.

• Like 1

I would like to see MAT to be used more in late game situations.  You could have ran for Gomes in the 8th and have Suzuki catch in the 9th. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I would like to see MAT to be used more in late game situations.  You could have ran for Gomes in the 8th and have Suzuki catch in the 9th. 

This is some.of the forethought and strategy that escapes our manager. It's not all his fault, but he's terrible at what he can control.

So, it looks like we're going to face Giolito in Chicago. 100% he throws a no-hitter.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Giolito with 7 2/3 of shutout ball with 11k's today

he's going to win the cy young just to twist that knife. credit to him for completely overhauling his delivery

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Our worries are over!

Rosenthal is back!

Championship!

great game until we had to go to Doolittle again in a game that he should not have had to pitch

live look at Doolittle's left arm: 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

sloppy game from both teams really

Stras with another great start, it would be nice if he got some support

• Like 1