Hooray! Smith says he'll retire!

@DCGoldPants

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A53301-2003Dec10.html

New From The Post

Smith Says He'll Retire After This Season

By Mark Maske

Washington Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, December 10, 2003; 2:09 PM

Three days after he broke the NFL's career sacks record, Washington Redskins defensive end Bruce Smith said today that he intends to retire after this season.

Smith, 40, said that only an extraordinary circumstance could lead him to reconsider.

The future Hall of Famer has played four seasons for the Redskins after 15 seasons with the Buffalo Bills. He was selected to 11 Pro Bowls and reached four Super Bowls as a member of the Bills.

He notched his 199th career sack -- moving him one ahead of Reggie White on the career list -- with a fourth-quarter takedown of New York Giants backup quarterback Jesse Palmer during the Redskins' 20-7 triumph last Sunday at Giants Stadium.

Smith said in training camp that he likely would retire following this season. It has been a difficult final season for him, in which he lost his starting job to Regan Upshaw and complained about his lack of playing time. But he said today that he does not regret his decision to sign with the Redskins after he was released by Buffalo in 2000.

Hooray Hooray....well, since he's gone. I'm sure he won't mind not playing anymore this season! :rotflmao:

:wave: :dj:

My Message to Bruce: Bruce, no sense putting your body through the rigors of practice for the next three weeks. You deserve better, you are above that, or so you think. Retire now and do yourself a favour and most importantly, do US, the fans a favour. I think we can do without your sack contribution for the next three games. We won't be missing anything really.

Originally posted by Bufford The Sheep

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A53301-2003Dec10.html

Hooray Hooray....well, since he's gone. I'm sure he won't mind not playing anymore this season! :rotflmao:

Since he announced that he's going to retire....I'm going to put on my "Don't Let The Door Hit You On Your Ass" Velvet robe

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I swear that alone is worth another 2 wins...

Smith has been a cancer completely. He started the whole Marty revolt thing for 5 games..what a dumbass!!

I can't imagine why everyone looked up to him..What did he say??

"This is not how the Bills did it"..who cares you lost a SB 4 times in a row you piece of crap! :laugh:

Archived