Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Shaun Dion Hamilton ILB Alabama

Wildbunny

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Well it’s short for an NFL middle linebacker but exactly average for a US male. It’s all relative :-)

It's short for a fella little guy. 

4 hours ago, RawRebel said:

London Flecther was a small linebacker that I never recalled being washed out due to having a weak line.

He was constantly washed out. Seriously? Glad he missed our transition to the 34.

Ray Lewis was vocal about being washed out when the ravens switched and he was huge, until they got Ngata. 

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's short for a fella little guy. 

No it’s exactly the average height for a US male.

Fun historical fact - people think Napoleon was short (there is a whole complex based on this). In fact he was also exactly the average height for a French male of that time. 5’ 7”.

4 hours ago, RawRebel said:

I thought we were talking about height my bad.

The height/weight ratio kind of goes together. So height is certainly part of the conversation. 

But if London in his prime was running towards you at 5’ 10” and 245 I doubt you would think “who is the small guy running at me”.

• 2 weeks later...

Man this guy has me excited. Love the high IQ, on and off the field. Finished HS early as valedictorian, achieved two degrees from Bama, and was Saban's playcaller on defense. He always seems to sniff out plays, take correct angles, and tackle correctly.

I know he has been knocked for the injuries, but one of the two injuries was a broken patella. If he tore his ACL in 2016 then did it again in 2017 I'd be much more pessimistic. This last injury was a broken patella, which he has almost completely healed from and it carries a very low risk of re-occurrence.

This seems similar to our late round ILB picks from the past few years; Spaight and Daniels, both of whom I found reasons for optimism. I'd like to believe that this is different. After all, he was a semi-finalist for the Butkus award before the injury and would have most likely been a finalist if he finished the season. If he starts training camp at 100%, as he's projected to, I'll be very content with the ILB depth chart of Brown, Foster, JHC, and Hamilton. (I still like Spaight, but that concussion problem is real).

@CTskin Nice post man.  I will say that I think they’ll have to keep 5 ILBs because of JHC.  Great fit as a dimebacker, but I think he’d be a bit of a liability as a starter (which means we only have 1 real backup).  Maybe Vigil takes that last spot.  

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

@CTskin Nice post man.  I will say that I think they’ll have to keep 5 ILBs because of JHC.  Great fit as a dimebacker, but I think he’d be a bit of a liability as a starter (which means we only have 1 real backup).  Maybe Vigil takes that last spot.  

Agreed. Way too early for the roster prediction, but there will be a helluva fight behind Brown and Foster.

Archived