Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scuba Diving

UKskins

Was in St. Thomas 2 weeks ago and this was as rare sighting where I was diving at Coki Beach doing a shore dive. This was about 55 feet down.  Prior to this the instructor told us he's been diving there for a couple years and he's seen a nurse shark down there 3 times.  So this was a rarity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Nope but I'm jelly AF I'd love to live where I could dive regularly like that.

I was in Belize last week but was unable to dive because I had a congestion/cold thing going on the whole time so didn't want to risk it.  I did some snorkeling though and swam with a bunch of sharks.  Need to get the vids off my gopro.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 11/5/2021 at 9:50 AM, purbeast said:

Was in St. Thomas 2 weeks ago and this was as rare sighting where I was diving at Coki Beach doing a shore dive. This was about 55 feet down.  Prior to this the instructor told us he's been diving there for a couple years and he's seen a nurse shark down there 3 times.  So this was a rarity.

Coki Beach is our favorite beach in St. Thomas, followed closely by Sapphire Beach.   That's where Mrs. Skinfan snorkeled for the 1st time.   It's always fun to see sharks. Thanks for sharing!

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Put together a quick video of a dive I did yesterday here in Grand Cayman.  I suck at editing but hopefully I can put together a better video when I'm home.

Grand Cayman is my favorite dive destination, hands down.   We stay at the Morritt's, on the East End, and dive with Ocean Frontiers.   

It's the first place that I've ever seen a turtle while diving.   This is one of the first pics that I ever took, with my cheap, POS, underwater camera.   Considering that it was night, and I had to hold the camera in one hand, and the flashlight in the other, (no flash on the camera), I'm proud of the picture.

Thanks, again, for sharing!

turtle.jpg

• Like 1

My favorite scuba is in Saipan.  Guam is pretty awesome too.  Having snorkeled a lot in the Caribbean (Belize, U.S. Virgin Islands, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica), I can honestly say I believe what I was told when it comes to the waters around Guam and Saipan having orders of magnitude greater variety of fish and corral.  I have a couple of pictures I posted back in 2011.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gbear said:

My favorite scuba is in Saipan.  Guam is pretty awesome too.  Having snorkeled a lot in the Caribbean (Belize, U.S. Virgin Islands, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica), I can honestly say I believe what I was told when it comes to the waters around Guam and Saipan having orders of magnitude greater variety of fish and corral.  I have a couple of pictures I posted back in 2011.   

I had the pleasure of being stationed on Guam for 3 years.  Went on a dive trip from there to Palau and that place made Guam look meh.

• Like 1

Not SCUBA related but being someone that loves underwater stuff I thought you'd all enjoy this.  

Today they released 5 turtles and it was a big spectacle and was really cool, then like 2 hours later we are hanging out at the beach about 50 yards down the beach where they released the turtles and this happened.  My son was cised as ****.

• Thanks 1