Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bailey to Detroit!!

Lavarleap56

Take it for what is worth i do not know who this Tom k. guy is however he says that Detroit wants champ and might try and make a trade deal before we tag him . here is the linkwww.mlive.com/lions/stori...cript.html

Sounds good depending on what the trade is it would be funny if we trade Champ to Detroit and he is all happy to play with his brother . Then Champ finds out that Boss is coming here along with a second and third pick.:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

All jokes aside what do you think they will give us??

Because Champ turned down the contract offfer many have turned against him and been overly critical of his play. There hasn't been too many if any CB who has had better success each week as Champ. He has played hurt, and made many big plays. He has been burned a couple times this year... alot maybe for him, but by far less than any other starting CB in this league, plus he is one of the few CB that come up on running plays and lays a hit.

We need to keep Champ, or it will be another Redskin going somewhere else, and everybody crying later "why did we let him go"

Last year it was Smoot, this year Champ.... we need to keep both.

would rather let him go get his millions elsewhere so we can upgrade at other positions, it makes no sense to have a great corner with out a defensive line. This point has been beat to death though. Bubba ,what would you pay to keep Champ here ?? i guess the people who want to keep champ are right if we let him go for picks we could 4-8 and be talkin about how we should have kept Champ.

Originally posted by bubba9497

Because Champ turned down the contract offfer many have turned against him and been overly critical of his play. There hasn't been too many if any CB who has had better success each week as Champ. He has played hurt, and made many big plays. He has been burned a couple times this year... alot maybe for him, but by far less than any other starting CB in this league, plus he is one of the few CB that come up on running plays and lays a hit.

We need to keep Champ, or it will be another Redskin going somewhere else, and everybody crying later "why did we let him go"

Last year it was Smoot, this year Champ.... we need to keep both.

:applause:

I've been saying this for weeks. Not only was Smoot the pinata last season, but so was Stephen. Now I see the same posters that cursed his mother's name last year, talk about how much we need him this season.

The same will happen with Champ once we all see how Smoot fares aganist a teams top reciever all game, and whoever Champ is replaced with proves to be less reliable.:doh:

I would pay him top CB money, he has earned it.

Draft picks are great IF they pan out, 2/3 of top picks aren't worth it. I rather have a proven young TOP cb in the league than draft two players hoping they may be as good. Salary Cap is important, but too many people act like it is their money being spent, and and skew their opinion more on the contract than the actual worth of player to the team.

One player doesn't make a team, but a weak player can bring down a team. the lack of a solid pass rusher has crushed our defense, and team this year.

Agree Bubba. Champ has had his moments :doh: and I would like it if he'd got over this sitting down on the double move, but look at the DB's on the team right now and who could replace him? Jimoh? shudder. Trade for draft pick and roll the dice. Go for a F/A Corner? hmmmmm. Won't be cheap either, ( though maybe cheaper than Champ).

:cheers:

Originally posted by Johnny Punani

The req comp for a franchised player is two 1st round picks. I think Detroit will try to give us a 1st and 3rd for Bailey. I wouldn't pull the trigger on that. Their 1st and 2nd this year would be good enough IMO.

nobody gives up 2 #1's for anyone, a 1st and 3rd from detroit will be nice :) However they need more players then us and will never give that much for champ

Originally posted by jbooma

nobody gives up 2 #1's for anyone, a 1st and 3rd from detroit will be nice :) However they need more players then us and will never give that much for champ

Nobody gives up 2 #1's huh? I guess you don't have a very good memory then. The Panthers gave us two first round picks for Sean Gilbert. You remember that??? Franchise players being signed by another team is rare but it does happen. Also, you think getting a 1st and 3rd is nice? Can I have some of what your smoking? To let Baliey go for that would be insane. A 1st and 2nd is IMO a more fair trade. Just my :2cents:

See Bubba the problem is we have no D-Line and will not be able to upgrade it with giveing Champ the money he wants. We need to upgrade our D-line because of performance and who is signed for next year with all the one year contracts up front and Smith leaveing. Is Bailey a good corner yes is keeping him better for the team no not at this point . I would take my picks and say bye to champ .

Champ -

Tak Ass Sak Int Pass Def

56 3 0 1 4

doesnt look like a 20 million dollar man to me at this point.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

The plan could be and should be trade Champ get McCallister. McCallister has been very solid all year and along with Smoot will provide a very solid CB duo. I am sure McCallister could be had for less then a 10 million dollar bonus.

Use the savings, sign a pass rusher and wala things look better, may not solve all the problems but it will help our secondary

Originally posted by Johnny Punani

Nobody gives up 2 #1's huh? I guess you don't have a very good memory then. The Panthers gave us two first round picks for Sean Gilbert. You remember that??? Franchise players being signed by another team is rare but it does happen. Also, you think getting a 1st and 3rd is nice? Can I have some of what your smoking? To let Baliey go for that would be insane. A 1st and 2nd is IMO a more fair trade. Just my :2cents:

Ok how long ago was that, and because of what happened from that it doesn't happen. Especially with a corner. Now if this were Vick or Priest Holmes, then I would think about it. Look mark my word the best offer we get for Champ will probably be one #1 pick. If we were able to get a #1 and #3 that would be simply gravy for us. If not we will lose him to free agency eventually.

Originally posted by lavarleap56

See Bubba the problem is we have no D-Line and will not be able to upgrade it with giveing Champ the money he wants. We need to upgrade our D-line because of performance and who is signed for next year with all the one year contracts up front and Smith leaveing. Is Bailey a good corner yes is keeping him better for the team no not at this point . I would take my picks and say bye to champ .

Champ -

Tak Ass Sak Int Pass Def

56 3 0 1 4

doesnt look like a 20 million dollar man to me at this point.

There will be Salary cap money to improve the DL next year whether we sign Champ or not. CB are as important as a Pass Rushing DE in a league that passes. Champ will not get a contract that will be so top heavy it will kill next years cap. Your entitled to your opinion. But I just can't agree.... and I am sure the Redskins will keep Champ.

There will be Salary cap money to improve the DL next year whether we sign Champ or not. CB are as important as a Pass Rushing DE in a league that passes. Champ will not get a contract that will be so top heavy it will kill next years cap. Your entitled to your opinion. But I just can't agree.... and I am sure the Redskins will keep Champ.

However Bubba we will lose room if we have to franchise him. Then we have to clear 6 million just for him and that will mean cutting some people. The only way we don't have room is if we can trade him before all of that happens.

Champ doesn't want to be here anymore...

the problem is not only this year but with Arringtons deal coming up and Ramsey look at the future and the writeing is all over the place . The only way Champ Bailey will be a redskin is if we franchise him and he doesnt sign a offer sheet with anyone else.

Bubba you seem very inteligent and i have enjoyed with you on alot of topics however this is not one of them .

if Champ was going to stay would we have tried to trade for Terrell Owens?? would Danny have offered a take it or leave it offer at the begining of the year that he knew champ would not sign to??

Archived