Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 Regular Season Twitter Thread

TSO

23 hours ago, Stefanskins said:

is everything ok with Hap?

I"m fine painting 80 foot of fencing here, taking a while

Lake Lewis JrVerified account @LakeLewis 3m3 minutes ago

DL Terrell McClain, S Montae Nicholson, TE Jordan Reed and C Chase Roullier, didn’t practice today and are out of Thursday’s game vs. Cowboys. #Redskins

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 5h5 hours ago

Redskins reportedly all burgundy. Hate burgundy jerseys because it’s harder to see numbers, but at least they won’t look like ketchup like some teams. Seriously, color rush jerseys are a dumb idea and degrade players.

Fake SportsCenter @FakeSportsCentr 15h15 hours ago

Bills HC Sean McDermott: I still can't believe I benched Tyrod Taylor for Nathan Peterman. I'm definitely the dumbest coach in the NFL.

Giants HC Ben McAdoo: Hold my beer.

Richard DeitschVerified account @richarddeitsch 6h6 hours ago

ESPN President John Skipper just announced the ESPN layoffs. Approximately 150 ESPN employees are having their jobs eliminated.

It's not surprising but it is official: tight end Jordan Reed will miss his fifth straight game with a hamstring injury. They also ruled out center Chase Roullier (hand), safety Montae Nicholson (concussion) and defensive lineman Terrell McClain (toe).

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayNBCS 17h17 hours ago

Always wild to see how much #Redskins fans travel. Our flight landed and a few different people shouted out “We want Dallas”

Tony Snark @Treg2Cole 16h16 hours ago

This myth that Dez Bryant is still an elite receiver is hilarious. I guess people are judging him by his Madden rating and not his production on the field. Not even 600yds in 11 games is pedestrian for an "elite" guy. #Washed

John Keim ESPN Staff Writer 

Redskins inactives: DL Caraun Reid, LB Pete Robertson, TE Jordan Reed, WR Brian Quick, S Montae Nicholson, DL Terrell McClain and C Chase Roullier.

The Redskins are wearing their burgundy-on-burgundy color rush uniforms. The team pushed to eliminate these uniforms at last spring's winter meetings calling them "garish."

Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins excels in play-action and Dallas's defense struggles in that area. With Washington running well, that should be a factor Thursday.

Dan Graziano ESPN Staff Writer 

Washington LT Trent Williams will play tonight, source says, and the team will be in all-burgundy — NOT the all-yellow color rush uniforms.

Lake Lewis JrVerified account @LakeLewis 48m48 minutes ago

I really think it’s time to shut down Williams, Reed and Moses. It’s a lot of $$ invested in that trio. Get them right for 2018. #Redskins

Lake Lewis JrVerified account @LakeLewis 18h18 hours ago

Same story for the #Redskins. When expectations are placed on them they don’t come through.

Rich TandlerVerified account @TandlerNBCS 18h18 hours ago

Gruden on replacing Crowder at punt returner. “We don’t have anyone else to put in there.”

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 18h18 hours ago

Gruden said they have no one else to return punts. I would recommend finding someone.

Over the next 6 weeks or more I will have very limited time to devote to Extremeskins, I will try and keep BRBN up to date.  BRBN has been opened to allow anyone to post articles there so feel free to do so if you wish.  You will not need a mod to release the articles for you.  Do remember you are responsible for what you post so please read the rule on posting articles I believe its rule 11.  With the limited traffic to BRBN I don't think it will be a problem for anyone if no one wants to step up there.

Redskins not practicing today: TE Jordan Reed, LT Trent Williams, RT Morgan Moses, WR Maurice Harris, LB Zach Brown, DL Terrell McClain.

Tight end Jordan Reed, tackle Morgan Moses, defensive linemenTerrell McClain and Jonathan Allen are going through agility work.

The Redskins claimed guard Kyle Kalis off waivers and promoted receiver Robert Davis off the practice squad, the team announced. They waived defensive lineman Caraun Reid and linebacker Pete Robertson. The Redskins had cut Kalis this summer; he was then claimed by Indianapolis.

Burgundy Burner @BurgundyBurner 2h2 hours ago

Evaluation season has begun for the Redskins. Glad to see Davis promoted from the PS and it is great to have Kalis back.

On 03/12/2017 at 1:52 PM, HapHaszard said:

Over the next 6 weeks or more I will have very limited time to devote to Extremeskins, I will try and keep BRBN up to date.  BRBN has been opened to allow anyone to post articles there so feel free to do so if you wish.  You will not need a mod to release the articles for you.  Do remember you are responsible for what you post so please read the rule on posting articles I believe its rule 11.  With the limited traffic to BRBN I don't think it will be a problem for anyone if no one wants to step up there.

Ok I believe I can take care of this at least for a part.

But I won't be able to take over the twitter thread as I'm not into twitting at all.

OK just got a little time to update the BRBN section. Hopefully I haven't published the same article twice like last time :P

Is there really no one around here that could update this thread? Or should I ask TK or any other mods if they've got something in house so I can post tweets with one button on my phone???

I should no go into twitter, my wife will get angry fast...

The Redskins can't afford to do what they did vs. Dallas and fall behind by more than a score. It will play into what the Chargers do best: rush the passer. And that could lead to big issues for the Redskins.

The Redskins clearly are wary of the Chargers' pass rush. They're either throwing quick passes or using play-action, as they did on an 18-yard completion to Jamison Crowder. Los Angeles will use Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram on either side, as they did on the first series.

The Redskins can't deal with Chargers tight end Hunter Henry. At 6-foot-5, 220 pounds he's too big for their defensive backs -- injured safety Montae Nicholson had the size and speed to combat him. His backup, Deshazor Everett, does not. The Chargers can find Henry whenever they want.

The Redskins spent all week talking about what they still had to play for this season. They insisted there was plenty, so it'll be worth watching how they respond to a 13-0 hole. There are talent issues because of injuries, but there's enough to be more competitive than they've shown.

Redskins tight end Vernon Davis just passed Kellen Winslow, Sr., for 10th all-time in receptions by a tight end. Davis now has 542 career receptions.

Quarterback Kirk Cousins used his legs on two big passes to help the Redskins cut into the Chargers' lead. It's been a point of emphasis for him and it was necessary. On the touchdown pass to Vernon Davis, former practice squader LeShun Daniels was in protection vs a blitz. Cousins calmly stepped up and hit Davis.

ohn Keim ESPN Staff Writer 

The Redskins have shown little life vs. the Chargers. They're giving up big plays, can't stop tight end Hunter Henry and look like a defense that's regressed. Meanwhile, the offense turned the ball over once, failed on a fourth-down play and missed an extra point. It's no wonder they've fallen behind by 17 points. Injuries don't excuse all.

In their last four quarters, dating to the Dallas loss, the Redskins have been outscored 44-13. But one big reason for that Sunday: Philip Rivers. He's thrown for 256 yards in the first half -- the most any opposing QB has passed for this season in the opening two quarters.

The Redskins absolutely need to do a better job running the ball if they want to get back in this game. Samaje Perine averaged only 2.8 yards per carry vs. the NFL's 31st-ranked run defense in the first half.

It'll be interesting to hear why the Redskins have used Quinton Dunbar ahead of Bashaud Breeland since the first quarter. Breeland is an unrestricted free agent after the season; Dunbar will be a restricted free agent. The Redskins have liked how he's developed.

For one of the few times in a while, the Redskins could use a speed rush. They had just one defensive lineman on the field -- Matt Ioannidis -- and three outside linebackers -- Ryan Kerrigan, Junior Galette and Preston Smith. Galette ran a stunt and they applied pressure, forcing a quick throw underneath and a third-down stop.

Archived