Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 Regular Season Twitter Thread

TSO

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 7h7 hours ago

Taken closer looks at Cousins and Fuller, anyone else y'all think I should take a closer look at?

The Redskins pressured Russell Wilson on 25 dropbacks, the second most in his career, according to ESPN Stats & Information. He completed 5-of-19 on those plays; he had completed 52 percent of throws under pressure before Sunday.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

Rich TandlerVerified account @TandlerNBCS 3m3 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Ian Rapoport

If Arthur Jones (separated shoulder) can’t got, they have to bring in somebody. Only 4 DL if Ioannidis is still out.

Rich Tandler added,

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
Former #Chiefs and #Falcons DE Tyson Jackson is working out for the #Redskins today, source said. Some potential front 7 help.

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 2m2 minutes ago

My issue with Cousins is not passing numbers/air yards, etc. Yes, can take a few more shots. Move ball tho. It's the inability to hurt D's big time if extending plays. Not his strength. Separator: wentz, Dak, etc.

John Keim ESPN Staff Writer 

Of the Redskins first eight games, six have come vs. QB's currently ranked in the top 12 for total QBR and in the top 11 for passer rating. Sunday's opponent, Minnesota, has faced one such QB.

Minnesota's defense has been excellent, but it has faced one offense currently in the top 10 in yards per game and two in points per game. Washington has played six games vs. teams in each category.

Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins is fifth in the NFL with 32 pass plays of 20 yards or more -- three behind leader Drew Brees. Cousins' 17 such plays to tight ends and backs leads the NFL (three more than Tom Brady). Cousins' 15 such pass plays to receivers is the same as Dallas' Dak Prescott.

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 12m12 minutes ago

if told how many players would be hurt in 1st 8 games with still an iffy run game, Skins record would be...?

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 58m58 minutes ago

Thinking ahead to Redskins game on Thanksgiving. Wonder if they'll sell turkey hot dogs, turkey burgers, turkey chili? Hot cider instead of soda? Make vendors dress as pilgrims?

Backup tackle Ty Nsekhe also is going through individual drills for the first time since week 3. If he returns the Redskins could give Trent Williams another week to let his bone bruise heel or give Morgan Moses a chance to heal his sprained ankles.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

The Redskins had 10 players who were limited today in practice. But coach Jay Gruden he was happy to see more players wearing helmets after having so many out the last two weeks.

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said guards Shawn Lauvao and Brandon Scherff had "decent days" and are on the upswing. Both were limited today.

ohn Keim ESPN Staff Writer 

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Keenan Reynolds is in the building getting a physical. If all goes well he could be signed to the practice squad. He would provide insurance if the Redskins need another returner.

Kirk Cousins said while he was excited about Sunday's win there were "a lot of mistakes. (Maybe) it didn't have to come down if we're better in the first two and a half, three quarters."

Redskins center Spencer Long, who missed the last two games with knee/quad issues, that he's optimistic about playing Sunday vs. Minnesota.

Redskins tackle Trent Williams said he's still not sure when he'll come back. "It could be this week it could be the next two weeks," he said. "I really don't know."

Rich TandlerVerified account @TandlerNBCS 2h2 hours ago

Kirk Cousins just said that he is looking forward to working with Josh Doctson not just this year but "for seasons to come". Hmm... #Redskins

Stephen CzardaVerified account @SCzardaRedskins 13m13 minutes ago

•  

Stephen Czarda Retweeted Stephen Czarda

Reynolds will wear No. 17.

Stephen Czarda added,

DOJGKPyX0AI4sOO.jpg
Stephen CzardaVerified account @SCzardaRedskins
#Redskins sign WR/former @NavyFB star QB Keenan Reynolds to the practice squad. ?: http://bit.ly/2hm71he 

NFL World @NFLWrld 15m15 minutes ago

Report: Giants players rip Ben McAdoo, say he has lost locker room https://goo.gl/aq3ysu 

Rich TandlerVerified account @TandlerNBCS 17m17 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted NBC Sports Redskins

Still 11 limited, three out. But the state of things has been such that it's an improvement. #Redskins

People Who Know, Know

I had a former coach who said to me as I was kind of coming up in the league, he would say, ‘Kirk, people who know, know'. 

What he meant by that was, if you understand quarterbacking, understand what it takes to play quarterback in this league, it really isn’t a debate about can you play, can you make the fourth-quarter plays, can you make the throws, can you bring us back, are you the guy. People who know, know. It’s the people who don’t know, and don’t get it, that I think have those conversations and have those debates. I’m not going to kind of waste my time or my energy worrying about people who don’t know football and what they’re saying. I do believe that people who know, know, and if a fourth quarter drive like that to win the game helps some people who don’t get football to be able to come around, then so be it, but those aren’t the people I’m trying to win over at the end of the day.

Sean McVay used to tell me that as I was trying to make my way. He would say, you know, people are going to doubt, people are going to have their opinions, but the people who know, know, and you don’t really need to worry about anybody else. Just stay the course.

KC08-Signature_compact.png?v=1509488788

This is what happens when people who don't know football email reporters.

John Keim added,

DONqejfW4AIrdKE.jpg
DONqejbW4AUQkKE.jpg
DONqejeW4AEpT6J.jpg
DONqejcX4AAEPRj.jpg
Dan SteinbergVerified account @dcsportsbog
Don't think he's a Cousins fan (this is only like half of the email)

Archived