Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band turns 50

Sticksboi05

Best song on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Best song?

• Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    • With a Little Help from My Friends
    • Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    • Getting Better
    • Fixing a Hole
    • She's Leaving Home
    • Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
    • Within You Without You
    • When I'm Sixty-Four
    • Lovely Rita
    • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
    • A Day in the Life

I almost voted for the reprise of Sgt. Peppers.  The fact that the Beastie Boys used it near the end of Paul's Boutique is amazing to me.  Ringo's uptempo drums are awesome there.

If you're into the Beatles you all should check out that documentary that Ron Howard recently put out about their touring years.  It's amazing.  

In regards to Pet Sounds...I don't get it.  And I like the Beach Boys, I just don't understand that album and why people consider it so amazing.  Certain songs, yes...but as a whole, I'm not so sure.  

• 2 weeks later...

Day in the Life is one of my favorite songs of all time, regardless of genre or era.

I do love the whole back half that album, though. Lovely Rita is one of those songs I can play on loop forever and "Good Morning" instantly puts me in a good mood every time I hear it. Truthfully, I kinda like the reprise of Sgt. Pepper more than the one at the top of the album

On 5/29/2017 at 7:10 PM, Keith Huddleston said:

Time to let go of the Beatles. Only song of theirs that has stood the test of time is "Eleanor Rigby".

Considering they wrote 275 songs, that's pretty sad. Zeppelin destroyed the Beatles. Then, Metallica

destroyed Zeppelin. Then, Napster destroyed Metallica. And there you go kids, the history of Rock n Roll.

Forget the Beatles. Time to dump the past and embrace the future!

1434267449348.jpg

Archived