Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

4 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

And you can read all these articles in BRBN!

I hope you like reading them as much as I like updating it, it's really fun to do it while Hap is on the move.I've decided to add author to each of them so you know before you start reading who did the article. I know most of you have their favorites and not so favorites regarding readers, so I believe it would be another useful information to give you all if you want to read it or how you should take the article.

Have a good read all!

3 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

And you can read all these articles in BRBN!

I hope you like reading them as much as I like updating it, it's really fun to do it while Hap is on the move.I've decided to add author to each of them so you know before you start reading who did the article. I know most of you have their favorites and not so favorites regarding readers, so I believe it would be another useful information to give you all if you want to read it or how you should take the article.

Have a good read all!

You're doing a great job, brother. :) 

36 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

You're doing a great job, brother. :) 

Told Hap I wanted to take care of it the best as possible so he doesn't have to worry about and can dedicate himself to MissHap (don't know her, but that's a wonderful lady!). And I'm really having fun doing it :) (Well hopefully, news are quite slow during this time of year, will be tougher later in the season I believe)

Tomorrow I'll have a little time to work on a tutorial to bypass that stupid submission from the washington post, so you aren't limited to 5 articles a month for those that haven't find out already.

5 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Tomorrow I'll have a little time to work on a tutorial to bypass that stupid submission from the washington post, so you aren't limited to 5 articles a month for those that haven't find out already.

Part of me feels bad for saying this, another part of me doesn't (considering they should generate enough ad revenue as it stands), but if you open the links in a "private browsing" mode (like "incognito" for chrome or "private" for safari) it won't be able to track the amount of articles you looked at so it always works. ;) 

BRBN has been updated!

Obviously lost of articles regarding the arrestation of Junior and the release of the preseason schedule, but some interesting stuff to read as well if you take the time. And I strongly suggest you all to take this time, as you won't have this opportunity twice!

Now, regarding the tutorial I talked earlier about reading the Washington Post and being limited to 5 articles a month...

If you ever happen to read more than 5 articles in a month you get this :

WP1.thumb.png.19906a1064bffaaab2627b19f4412cb4.png

And now, you’re stuck as you can’t read anything except if you decide to subscribe to it and pay a monthly fee to be able to read more than five articles a month.

Sure, you could go with the private navigation stuff from your personnal browser but it has its own drawbacks as sometimes you don’t want to be private on other sites and that can be boring to change it everytime you start your navigator.

So how can you go over it without paying the fee ? If you read the post everyday, you sure should be paying the fee i twill be easier and deserved (eventhough they should generate enough revenues through internet ads). But if you read it seldomly and happens to read 6 or 7 articles a months once or twice a year, paying the fee is a pain in the ass.

There’s a small trick to bypass it, or should I say, not allowing it to start.

At first, when you put the URL in your navigator, it loads the webpage then the website checks your cookies and see you have already read 5 articles and load that annoying stuff.

Hopefully, every browser allows you to stop loading a page at any time. And since they all starts to load the page with the text, then the image, you just can stop loading the page by clicking on the cross in your navigator bar, which will stop the loading of the subscription fee.

Here it is in images :

1 – Load the page

The website loads as usual and at some point, your page looks like this:

WP2.thumb.png.498c4114c9bc0d14db37289fd336cd3e.png

This may take a few seconds depending on your ISP speed, your comp and everything that goes with it.

Wait for images beginning to be displayed, ads being generally displayed first, but that may vary from one site to another.

2 – Click on the small cross in your navigator bar (here on the right of it on Firefox)

WP3.thumb.png.640933ac8b3edad2d475fa4decf895cb.png

This will stop loading the page.

At this point, the full text has been displayed and, every pics associated to the page, and you can just read the article freely.

You failed at it ?

Well, just reload the page :

WP4.png.3fd62d32bb4fb6116d5e488abb85b651.png (or F5 for those that prefer keyboard shortcuts)

and click to stop a bit sooner !

BRBN has just been updated all! Be sure to go read it!

There's some interesting articles in it, especially one regarding the 49ers draft strategy affecting the Kirk Cousins' situation... (But you should discuss this in the Kirk Cousins thread, not here).

I once again apologize as some of those article are from late evening yesterday for you guys, but they are published when I'm asleep, and if I published them when I wake up, then it's the mods that are asleep to validate the publication :P

Trying to make it as quick as possible.

Or maybe you should tweet those guys to published exclusively in the morning, that would ease my job. No new article past 3pm!!!

Archived