Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RAWSTORY: Trump Booster Scottie Nell Gets Blasted on NPR After Saying "There's No Such Thing As Facts."

AsburySkinsFan

Welp boys and girls it was a good run while it lasted. It was only a matter of time before someone pulled this, and while this has been the SOP for Trump et al it is still shocking to see someone articulate it, I just figured it would be someone on the Left who began advocating total deconstructionist Postmodernity.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/trump-booster-scottie-nell-hughes-gets-blasted-on-npr-after-saying-theres-no-such-thing-as-facts/

“Well, I think it’s also an idea of an opinion. And that’s — on one hand I hear half the media saying that these are lies, but on the other half there are many people that go, no, it’s true,” Hughes said. “And so one thing that has been interesting this entire campaign season to watch is that people that say facts are facts, they’re not really facts.”

She went on, “There’s no such thing, unfortunately, anymore of facts. And so Mr. Trump’s tweet amongst a certain crowd, a large — a large part of the population, are truth. When he says that millions of people illegally voted, he has some — in his — amongst him and his supporters, and people believe they have facts to back that up. Those that do not like Mr. Trump, they say that those are lies, and there’s no facts to back it up.”

Well to be fair, pretty much any political story that gets published these days, half of the country will believe it and half of it won't. You could have video evidence of Hillary robbing a bank and there would be some on the left rationalizing it as a lesser crime than it actually was. Trump could do the exact same thing and some on the right would rationalize it to be a lesser crime than it was. 

If Hughes made the point that way and mentioned facts are non existent because people don't want to believe them, I would tend to agree with her. This election cycle has proven that blue or red is stronger than moral beliefs, family ties, religion, etc.

However, that was obviously the point she was not making...or was it?

1 hour ago, Busch1724 said:

Well to be fair, pretty much any political story that gets published these days, half of the country will believe it and half of it won't. You could have video evidence of Hillary robbing a bank and there would be some on the left rationalizing it as a lesser crime than it actually was. Trump could do the exact same thing and some on the right would rationalize it to be a lesser crime than it was. 

If Hughes made the point that way and mentioned facts are non existent because people don't want to believe them, I would tend to agree with her. This election cycle has proven that blue or red is stronger than moral beliefs, family ties, religion, etc.

However, that was obviously the point she was not making...or was it?

I should have stopped reading after "Well to be fair" because - for God's sake and for the future of humanity, we should NEVER be "fair" to such stupidity as "There’s no such thing, unfortunately, anymore of facts."  

Pretty obvious conclusion if you've spent any amount of time listening to the average Trump supporter, or the orangutan himself. Reading this dolt's transcript makes me also believe that there are no such things, unfortunately, anymore of grammar.

It's really going to take a concerted effort by those with some actual intelligence to fact some sense into half of the populace of this country. Having an opinion is everybody's right, but being willfully stupid shouldn't be welcomed.

14 hours ago, Dan T. said:

I should have stopped reading after "Well to be fair" because - for God's sake and for the future of humanity, we should NEVER be "fair" to such stupidity as "There’s no such thing, unfortunately, anymore of facts."  

This is true, but the point I was making was in jest because of the political climate we are in. We (generalization obviously) ignore clear facts when it challenges a thought related to what our political parties support. Both sides of the aisle does it. I would agree the right does it more than the left, but both clearly do ignore facts to support an argument their party puts forward.

5 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

This is true, but the point I was making was in jest because of the political climate we are in. We (generalization obviously) ignore clear facts when it challenges a thought related to what our political parties support. Both sides of the aisle does it. I would agree the right does it more than the left, but both clearly do ignore facts to support an argument their party puts forward.

Truth..... there is more than enough blame to go around, and the polarizing "look what YOU made me do!" narrative that both (all?) sides use just worsens the problems.

Archived