Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today - 2016 NFL QB Rankings

superozman

11 minutes ago, ncr2h said:

I'm not claiming it's perfect, but any flaw that you have with the metric is equally applicable to all QBs - if the bar is being set too low, why is the inferior QB hitting it at a rate that is far and away higher than the better prospects?

Here's another metric from a different angle.

Let's call a "good game" one in which the QB meets all of the following criteria:

1. Throws for at least 250 yards

2. Throws for at least 2 TDs

3.  Has more throwing TDs than INTs

4.  Wins the game

Cousins, who has started fewer games than any of these other QBs (Bortles, Carr, Bridge), by himself has as many such games (5) as the 3 other QBs combined (5 - none have more than 2). 

Are you looking at the right Carr? lol...

Just last season, Carr had the following games in wins:

330 yards / 3 TDs / 0 INTs

333 yards / 4 TDs / 0 INTs

289 yards / 3 TDs / 0 INTs

314 yards / 2 TDs / 0 INTs

351 yards / 3 TDs / 1 INT

As awesome as most of us believe Cousins is, it's way too early to doubt the doubters.

We will know pretty quickly if Kirk is the real deal or not.  Plus, I think most of us watch more closely than the guys who write these columns.  Keep in mind they are not paid to be correct, they are just paid to create content, as horrible as it may be.

20 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Are you looking at the right Carr? lol...

Just last season, Carr had the following games in wins:

330 yards / 3 TDs / 0 INTs

333 yards / 4 TDs / 0 INTs

289 yards / 3 TDs / 0 INTs

314 yards / 2 TDs / 0 INTs

351 yards / 3 TDs / 1 INT

Good catch - my formula was off for Carr.  Carr has 6 total, Cousins has 5, Bridge has 2, and Bortles has 1.  Point still stands as to why Carr passes the national media's eye test but Cousins doesn't, given their similar track record (Carr was awful in 2014, good in 2015; Cousins was good in 2012, awful* in 2013, good in 2014, and great in 2015).

* NYG game, which is like half of his pass attempts, was played in horrible weather.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2016 at 5:46 PM, ThomasTomasz said:

I do believe he will continue to do well, but it's such a small sample size that I can
't blame people in the media for being pessimistic in regards to him. 

But Dak is taking the Turds to a division title. 

At least they are consistent. (as a soup sandwich) 

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:15 PM, illone said:

As awesome as most of us believe Cousins is, it's way too early to doubt the doubters.

We will know pretty quickly if Kirk is the real deal or not.  Plus, I think most of us watch more closely than the guys who write these columns.  Keep in mind they are not paid to be correct, they are just paid to create content, as horrible as it may be.

I'm not cutting the writers of this article any slack.  They are just flat out wrong here.

Archived