Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is going to the NFL Hall of Fame Worth it

skinsforlife101

I am going in August. We are stoping on the way back from Iowa. I can't wait. If it is anything like Cooperstown, you get about 2-4 hours out it. I really can't wait to see the busts.

Iowa?? What part? I didn't think anybody else knew about Iowa....jeez, what a boring state

Nah, you should just aim to spend your whole career as a fringe starter and live off the pension. Being a superstar in the world's highest grossing sport is WAY overrated.

The best would be to do it as a front office person, broadcaster or coach.  Way less likelihood of CTE that way.

Iowa?? What part? I didn't think anybody else knew about Iowa....jeez, what a boring state (This is coming from someone who goes to Iowa pretty much every summer, tons of cousins on moms side of family in Des Moines and Iowa City, and dads parents in Carroll, Iowa).

Lol, not really a choice in the matter. Going for my cousin's wedding his future bride's family lives in Iowa. We are going to Cedar Rapids. 

We are making a nice road trip out of it. Wedding is on sunday. We are leaving thursday morning driving to outside of Chicago, going to try to doge bullets and sight see in Chicago Friday. Leave Saturday morning for Iowa, stop at Field of Dreams. Then on the way back stop in stay in Caton for the Hall of Fame and might drive to Cleveland for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. 

I went back in 2008 during the HOF Weekend with the Monk/Green induction.  I had a great time that weekend because I was with a bunch of Skins fans.  As far as other stuff to do?....not much.  A couple of chain restaurants (Buffalo Wild Wings) and a mediocre at best Strip Club. Driving up by myself just to visit the HOF...meh.  It was alright.  I like the history of the league and it was cool to see the Skins stuff, but the HOF is underwhelming.  For a league that is as popular as the NFL and with as much money they could do a better job in my opinion.  If you happen to be in Ohio for another reason, you should stop by the HOF.   But Canton, OH is not a vacation or even a great day trip destination. 

Might've been interesting but I would e had to workout a lot, really watch what I eat, then risk getting CTE. I dunno, maybe would've been worth it because of the money and hoes but I like that in not going to be in chronic painfr age 30 and on.

Archived