Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Face it, Davis beat us today.

carlsbadd

G dammit, the non-interception by Terrell was the key play that drive. Weren't you watching? It was right to him. He catches that and the game is over. He sucks.

And S. Davis is a stupid-grin f'n idiot. I hope the SD lovers here are happy. "Former Redskin gets his revenge." Yeah right.

F him. He'll be at home watching the SB too.

Originally posted by bubba9497

I am just touchy over the Stephen Davis hoopla the past week, so many lies, and twists on the truth, so many people making davis seem like a saint who was abused....

Sorry if I came off grouchy.

NO NOT A "SAINT" HE'S A PANTHER!;) :laugh: :silly:

Guys, whether or not that ball crossed the plane by a millimeter doesn't matter. The refs blew the call on the field. There's no way they saw a touchdown - partly because there wasn't one but also because with all those bodies in there they couldn't hav seen it anyway. Davis's forward progress is clearly stopped, he may have actually had a knee down, and they award him the TD? I don't think so.

Can't blame the replay officials. Although the replay showed the call should have gone the other way, it wasn't clear enough to overturn. Even though calls routinely get overturned on less evidence, I hate that and think the call on the field should have been upheld here. But it was pretty clear they gave him a TD they didn't actually see him earn.

The annoying thing is we have to read the "Davis kills former team" headlines instead of the deserved "Davis fumbles again at the goalline, costs his team the win".

Moose had 189 yds. receiving. Redskins failed to capitalize on Panther turnovers early on. Allowed Carolina to hang around, a fatal mistake. Delhomme is a winner, you look at him and he does'nt look like much but he beats you anyway........thats Delhomme. Good luck to the Skins next week. We'll have our hands full in big D. Life is good.

We have the benefit of slow mo replay and really can't say for certain whether or not the ball gets in and you guys blame the refs for calling it a touchdown in live speed?? I've never seen so much crying about a call. I don't know that a call could be any closer but to be able to say definitively that it was the wrong call or the right one is laughable. How about that mythical pass interference call against the panthers to set up 1st and goal late in the fourth. There are always judgement calls that our disputed. In the end, not capitalizing on all those turnovers cost the Skins the gift that Carolina tried to give.

Originally posted by Hersh

We have the benefit of slow mo replay and really can't say for certain whether or not the ball gets in and you guys blame the refs for calling it a touchdown in live speed?? I've never seen so much crying about a call. I don't know that a call could be any closer but to be able to say definitively that it was the wrong call or the right one is laughable. How about that mythical pass interference call against the panthers to set up 1st and goal late in the fourth. There are always judgment calls that our disputed. In the end, not capitalizing on all those turnovers cost the Skins the gift that Carolina tried to give.

easy to say when you are on the winning side of a bad call, you may have felt different if the ruling on the field was a fumble, and the refs wouldn't over turn it, or when rock fumbled they called TD first then said the "no visual evidence" excuse.

The Panthers made mistakes so did the Skins, it is just sad that the game had to hinge on a bad call by the officials.

The Panthers have been in as many close games as the Skins this season, the difference has been the Panthers have had a couple plays go their way late, where the Skins have had a couple go against them for whatever reason.

If you follow the Redskins the past two years you would understand the bad taste in our mouth over replay calls that go against us, or "the lame down by contact". "Whistle blew" or "no evidence" when it could have easily been ruled in our favor. No one is blaming the Panthers. Delhomme and Muhammad had great games, but the score was 17-13 with 1:09 to play Skins with the lead, to get a call that went against us in every sense of the word, is hard to take.

Bubba,

My team didn't come out on the winning side of that call. I watched us (the Skins) grab the lead after a questionable pass interference call and than watch us go 3 and out after another panther turn over and then allow Carolina drive right down the field like it was nothing and score a touchdown. Than I watch Ramsey make awful throws deep down the field when all we need is 40 yards in a minute to get into FG range.

It really sucks that the game deciding TD was questionable, but not nearly as definitive as some like to make it. It sucks that this offense looks great for two drives and awful for most of the game. Either way you look at that play, we still aren't a playoff caliber team.

It does suck that Davis is seen as the hero. He was shutdown for most of the day except for the last drive. Plus his 1st fumble that we should have scored on and the questionable call at the end, I mean come on how proud of yourself could you be after a C- performance?

That kid Delholmme beat us today. Even on that 4th and 1. Sure Davis was open, but we had two guys in Delholmme's face and he still made the throw. Then he hits Smith for a big gain, again just as he's about to get hit.

Davis played a typical Davis game. Got some yardage. Set up play-action. Put one (or two) on the ground. But he wasn't as big a factor as everyone said he'd be. Davis alone wouldn't have won that game. Their QB had to have a good day. And he did.

and then, reality set in. the depression went away and cold hard reality set in.....like the doors of a prison slamming shut...hope sinks and reality sets in.

About now is when losses look good for draft position.....can you tell i've been there? Are you there yet? Hang in there my brothers, hang in there.

As it turned out, SD made just enough plays to beat us. Can't deny that. And it also can't be denied that he got a large bit lucky that his bad plays didn't beat HIS team.

But we can't overlook the importance his presence had in this game, whether he was running the ball or not. The Skins committed to stopping Davis, and crowded the box all day keying on him. The result ... with no pass rush ... was that a non-descript QB torched us because we were drawn up.

I won't have the luxury of game film to see how many guys we committed to stopping Davis, and how that affected coverages down field, but my sense from watching the game (with no sound, and in the middle of a rather lively party that admittedly distracted me once or twice :) ) was that we decided to sell out to stop SD and make the QB beat us .... and he did.

That non-descript QB is Jake Delhomme.....he is getting mad props around the NFL. He was pressured but still came through in the clutch. Our WR's were covered too...they came up big time as well. Dont take anything away from your defense, they showed up yesterday....your offense cost you the game. Peace.

Jake is playing just fine, TANK. Not suggesting different. Just don't take offense if we withhold "mad props" for another year or two. You know, kind of like we do with Patrick Ramsey. :)

Your team is about defense and running the ball. Given the success you've had with both so far this year -- and some fairly fortuitous turns of fortune along the way -- I think the best way for opposing defenses is still to key on SD and take their chances that Jake "Mad Prop" Delhomme can beat the heat. Problem with the Skins is we don't bring no heat.

Jakes' getting a bit of a free pass (pun intended) this year. The ground game and defense allow him to put up scores in the teens and still come away with W's. If he finishes the season passing well in the concentrated heat of the playoffs, next year he'll face defenses more tailored to force him out of his comfort zone.

If he's The Guy, that's when we'll all know it. Until then, I'd suggest you consider that the "mad props" are coming from the same guys who will fall all over themselves to call him "overrated" after a couple bad INT's that lose games. Nature of the beast.

Not to mention "Mad Props" Delhomme had two or three interceptions that were dropped. Me thinks "Mad Props" Delhomme should change his nickname to "LuckyAzzMoFo". That prayer he threw up last week against Tampa that found a reciever. The INT drops against the skins and the prayer he threw to at the end to SMith, or was it Muhammed. We're talking some lucky crud. I will call Jake "LuckyAzzMoFo" until further notice.

Originally posted by Om

As it turned out, SD made just enough plays to beat us. Can't deny that. And it also can't be denied that he got a large bit lucky that his bad plays didn't beat HIS team.

But we can't overlook the importance his presence had in this game, whether he was running the ball or not. The Skins committed to stopping Davis, and crowded the box all day keying on him. The result ... with no pass rush ... was that a non-descript QB torched us because we were drawn up.

I won't have the luxury of game film to see how many guys we committed to stopping Davis, and how that affected coverages down field, but my sense from watching the game (with no sound, and in the middle of a rather lively party that admittedly distracted me once or twice :) ) was that we decided to sell out to stop SD and make the QB beat us .... and he did.

I agree. Regardless, in a game like this, one play could have changed the whole thing, not that it really serves any purpose to think that way...

I do not think, however, it's right or fair to say Davis beat us today. I don't deny his presence may have affected our gameplan, but that doesn't mean I would say he beat us today. I still say Delhomme played well enough and the receivers played well enough, but largely I give the credit to the Panthers Defense. They are the ones who really did it to us. I would never say that a guy who gets less than 100 yards on 28 carries, gets a (maybe questionable but whatever) TD, but also coughs up the ball once (maybe twice but whatever, unquestionably once)... I can't say that he beat us. Nope, can't say that.

As for Delhomme v. Ramsey, as some seem to have given the edge to Delhomme. Eh. Hm. I didn't see Ramsey drop the ball into a Panthers hands, as Delhomme did twice (granted, good coverage, but still no excuse)... he just got lucky that Champ and Terrell didn't make those plays (and I don't blame them, because those plays aren't made all the time regardless of what people might think). That's luck, those plays could have ended the game (I don't remember the circumstances of Champ's, but everyone knows Terrell's).

Guys, what beat us was a critical goalline fumble, and failing to score more than 3 points off of four turnovers. We gave up only 20 points, and Davis had less than 100 yards rushing and was largely shut down. And I still don't think that he scored that last TD as a matter of fact (if not as a matter of replay).

Archived