Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Face it, Davis beat us today.

carlsbadd

I am sorry but I am sick of all the posts about if it was or wasn't a fumble on the goal line. Davis made a crucial play to get them in position to win that game.

Our defense played well all day, but blew it on that last drive.

4-1-CAR38 (2:50) J.Delhomme pass to S.Davis pushed ob at WAS 37 for 25 yards (I.Ohalete).

That play did us in. It sucks big time. We gave up 25 yards on a 4th down play. no amount of cursing will change it.

We didnt lose to Davis, It was a fumbled, we got screwed.

I'm very upset that he is getting credit for something he didnt do, and that the guys in our locker room have to feel bad when they did what it took to win the game.

That just sickens me and its tough to get over. Its gonna be pretty tough to get over this. We had this game.

Davis averaged 3 yards a carry and it was telling the Panthers went away from the run when they needed to gain critical yardage today on conversions.

That said Davis' catch at the end was a key play.

But let's not make this into some kind of flawlessly executed 'revenge' strategy for Davis and Carolina.

At 7-2 and with the Skins at 4-6, most people expected a better outcome from the Panthers.

Super Bowl contenders?

Seems they were lucky to get past us.

Delhomme beat us, davis was really a non factor in the actual win. Hell I could have gotten big yards on that pass, we sent a full blitz and was a half step from sacking Delhomme, but he somehow got the pass away. He did that a few times.

The Skins have been on the short end on every close or replay call in games they could have been able to win the past two years, and it sucks.

Oh BS. That wasn't a fumble. Once the ball crosses the plane, its a TD. The play stops right there. The nose of the ball crosses the goal line, Davis drops it, doesnt matter. It crossed, its a TD. I saw the replay of that about 3 times on FOX today, and all three times its pretty clear the ball crosses the plane.

"Oh BS. That wasn't a fumble. Once the ball crosses the plane, its a TD. The play stops right there. The nose of the ball crosses the goal line, Davis drops it, doesnt matter. It crossed, its a TD. I saw the replay of that about 3 times on FOX today, and all three times its pretty clear the ball crosses the plane."

Ummm it's not as clear as you make it sound.

I hate to pull a ASF here, but I watched the play about 30 times on TIVO. I never saw it cross the goaline. It was a fumble and a lousy call, as was the lack of flag on the Muhammed push-off. Still we lost the game because we fumbled into their end zone and blew the other opportunites early.

Hey ful of it Chris I saw the replay just as you but I never saw the nose of the football cross the plane of the goal line. Davis was holding it vertically not horiznatally as you imply. Bad call, close call

we shoulnd have never been in that situation to begin with.

Team loss, Ramsey stunk IMO.

Originally posted by Skins26

We didnt lose to Davis, It was a fumbled, we got screwed.

I'm very upset that he is getting credit for something he didnt do, and that the guys in our locker room have to feel bad when they did what it took to win the game.

That just sickens me and its tough to get over. Its gonna be pretty tough to get over this. We had this game.

no fumble, all the ball has to do is touch the plain of the goal line. it did just that. davis not only won the game on that play, but also ended any slim hope the skins had of making the playoffs.:moon:

Originally posted by carlsbadd

Yea, 25 yards on a 4th down play is really a non factor:hammer:

Davis, or anyone one else would have gotten those yards, because there was no one around him for a mile, it wasn't like he broke tackes, or made any super human effort. If Delhomme doesn't make a great throw there, it's our game.

Davis was tackled several times after the first hit, he was stopped on some third downs, and even Smoot and Terrell knocked him down on the first hit. He was not a factor in the win, Foster or any other panther back could have had the same game Davis had today. Delhomme made the big plays on offense, as did muhammid. And #77 was the difference maker on Defense in the first half.

92 yards on 28 carries, and a TD that rerally was a fumble is not a difference maker in the game, and the 25 yard pass play was again more because of Delhomme than Davis. The first player that touched him knocked him out of bounds right as he hit him. Please explain to me how catching an easy pass, and running untouched for 25 yards because there wasn't a defender near him for the first 24yards a specaular play by Davis that beat us today?

Originally posted by carlsbadd

I am sorry but I am sick of all the posts about if it was or wasn't a fumble on the goal line. Davis made a crucial play to get them in position to win that game.

Our defense played well all day, but blew it on that last drive.

4-1-CAR38 (2:50) J.Delhomme pass to S.Davis pushed ob at WAS 37 for 25 yards (I.Ohalete).

That play did us in. It sucks big time. We gave up 25 yards on a 4th down play. no amount of cursing will change it.

Absolutely correct!

We lack playmakers on defense....It seems we are always out of position or having a blown assinment!

UGHHH

Originally posted by bubba9497

Davis, or anyone one else would have gotten those yards, because there was no one around him for a mile, it wasn't like he broke tackes, or made any super human effort. If Delhomme doesn't make a great throw there, it's our game.

Please explain to me how catching an easy pass, and running untouched for 25 yards because there wasn't a defender near him for the first 24yards a specaular play by Davis that beat us today?

I am not trying to start an argument here Bubba.

Catching an easy pass to set up the go ahead score could have been made by anybody. It doesn't change the fact that Davis was the one that made that play, and that's all the highlight reels will show.

If it was a wide reciever, maybe people would have expected that, but the fact remains that Davis(and Delhome) made that play. If that play wasn't made it's possible that we wouldn't even be talking about it now.

Sure anybody could have made that play but it was still Davis that did it. Thats all we will hear about for the rest of the season.

Originally posted by bubba9497

I am just touchy over the Stephen Davis hoopla the past week, so many lies, and twists on the truth, so many people making davis seem like a saint who was abused....

Sorry if I came off grouchy.

Cool, I completly understand, the last thing I wanted was for Davis to be in position to rub in in. I gotta go cry in my beer now.

Originally posted by ChrisFul

Oh BS. That wasn't a fumble. Once the ball crosses the plane, its a TD. The play stops right there. The nose of the ball crosses the goal line, Davis drops it, doesnt matter. It crossed, its a TD. I saw the replay of that about 3 times on FOX today, and all three times its pretty clear the ball crosses the plane.

Are you blind or just stupid IT DID NOT CROSS THE PLANE he was struggling and though he was inching forward it never crossed the plane before it fumbled

Originally posted by bigcatfan

no fumble, all the ball has to do is touch the plain of the goal line. it did just that. davis not only won the game on that play, but also ended any slim hope the skins had of making the playoffs.:moon:

It has to cross the plane, it did not it touched the line but never crossed it. It was fumble and you know it, you just got a lucky call.

I watched parts of the game and I have to admit that the Skins suddenly look much better. Carolina is a good team, to last until the final minutes is a damn good showing. I thought what killed the Redskins was of course the turnovers (and inability to score on the other team's turnovers just like the Cowboys game) and the same story with pass protection. I saw a stat in the early 4th quarter and I believe it listed Ramsey as being hit 15x, hurried close to 10, and sacked 2 or 3 times. Quarterbacks can't play with that kind of pressure, especially young guys like Ramsey that have been knocked silly all season long. Good showing by the Redskins, they're just not a playoff team yet. Even with that brutal Carolina front four, if Washington hadn't turned over the ball, they probably would have won. But the good news is Washington didn't have all those stupid penalties this game, I don't think I saw any flags until the final two minutes. So maybe the team is starting to come around.

Originally posted by jbooma

It has to cross the plane, it did not it touched the line but never crossed it. It was fumble and you know it, you just got a lucky call.

Umm jbooma that's not right. All the ball has to do is break the "plane" of the goal line, that is, the first white line of the goal line. It does not have to cross the entire width of the goal line. Even given that I agree with you that the ball did not break the plane.

Archived