Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vox: PayPal makes it official: North Carolina's anti-LGBTQ law will cost the state jobs

China

Folks, just a friendly tip from somebody with no authority whatsoever. But my completely uninformed opinion is that a great many of the last dozen or so posts really call for some Time Outs.

Perhaps some self-deleting is in order?

I'll just add this. Just because someone doesn't agree with this subject doesn't mean they're not compassionate as a whole. Peace.

Compassion is a good thing, and since we're on the subject, did you know that one recent study found that 46% of trangender men and 42% of transgender women that responded had attempted suicide?

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/AFSP-Williams-Suicide-Report-Final.pdf

Yeah. I was shocked.

I work in education, and one of the biggest things we worry about on issues like this is keeping kids ALIVE.

So really, your crass jokes and overall attitude show precisely ZERO of the compassion that you seem to think you have.

It IS possible to fall on either side of this issue and still be a compassionate person, but not the way you are approaching it. You might want to do a little reflection on that.

This is a pretty messy issue, and I suspect the solution (if there even is one) is going to be equally messy, if not more so, but I'm also pretty sure that it's not going to be assisted by attitudes like yours.

I'm curious to know if there are any legit statistics on the estimated percentage of the population that makes up transgender people.  I'd imagine it would be a small percentage.  Of course, it will be an educated guess since I'd imagine the vast majority of them are afraid to come out in fear of their safety.

Less than one percent?  I'd imagine that the probability of one encountering a true transgender person in a bathroom would have to be extremely low.

Archived