Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GIF Breakdown: Panthers Run Defense vs Skins (14 rushing yds)

thehbrwhammer

Here is my latest film breakdown on the Carolina's run defense versus the Washington Redskins. For a good portion of the game, the Redskins had 0 rushing yards and had negative total offensive yards (when you account for yards lost due to sack yards).

Alfred Morris (2 carries, 0 yards) reinjured his ribs. Matt Jones (5 carries 0 yards) fumbled the ball and was stuffed behind the line. Chris Thompson (4 carries, 10 yards) had the most yards on the team, but 6 of those yards, the longest run of the game, came in the 4th.

Let me know if you have any questions!

I can't understand why our OL is not firing off the ball and coming down hill on run plays. I see guys catching blocks from the second level instead of attacking. I see guys getting driven back into the running lanes. I see guys letting defenders across their face. I see pulling lineman running into each other. Our OL is literally doing everything they're not supposed to do on run plays. I'm amazed at how bad they look in these clips.

People want new RBs next year. That's cool, but this OL is making any RB look bad playing like that. Wow...

Can we finally put to bed the whole:

"Defenses are putting 8 men in the box every play, daring Kirk to beat them with the intermediate and deep game.  If we just had a QB capable of stretching the field, such as our future HOF QB that is currently 3rd string due to Gruden's love affair with the starter, Alfred Morris would be back to his old self!  Feed Alfred Morris the rock 25 times per game, says I!"

Where are the 8 man fronts?

Come to find out, it's starting to look like the Panthers took a page out of the Seahawks book, no not the playbook, the steroid book. Everyone knows many of the Seahawks were juiced up on PED's and served little, if none at all, punishment. Now it's coming out that some of the Panthers players are doing the very same thing, Landry being suspended indefinitely.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/alexander-banned-least-landry-indefinitely-234929423--nfl.html

Archived