Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Inside the NFL

Riggo-toni

Does anyone else think this show just plain sucks now? I used to like watching it back in the day when Len Dawson was the moderator. The narration on the highlights was great. Marino, Collinsworth, and the other panelists were interesting.

Now it's like a bad version of CBS' pregame show. The moderator looks like Jason Lacanfora and Dan Snyder had a son together. Esaiason is an interesting panelist, Simms is just OK but is better as a game announcer, and quite frankly, nobody is particularly worthwhile. Worst of all, the new narrator is intolerably soporific! Seriously, they can't do better than that? Hell, get that homeless radio announcer dude to read the script.

I haven't watched it since it left HBO. Frankly, the older I got, the less I cared about it, and other football related shows

Same here. I liked it back when it was on HBO. It was a small show, with basically just Len Dawson and Nick Buoniconti, and the gentleman who narrated the clips for the past week's games. Of course, the Redskins were a better team back then, so that may also be the reason for the enjoyment. ;)

Seriously, now that it has a "pregame show" feel to it (and I despise the network pregame shows), I don't watch it anymore.

Archived