Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Tailgate - 11/22/2015 Redskins vs. Panthers

superozman

This is rad as hell! The girlfriend and I are going to the game (first redskins game, ever!) and we will definitely do the tailgate, too! We live in Charlotte, but we'll probably take the light rail in, so we'll figure out how much we think we can bring with us and post it in the thread, later.

Whatever you bring, be prepared to leave it at the tailgate site or throw it away.  Security is higher than normal because of the Paris attacks. Make sure you check the bag policies for the ladies and guys with man purses.

I am not. Any more info?

There are 3 groups in the region: Charlotte Redskins Fans (my group), Carolina Redskins Group, and Carolina Redskins United. CRU and CRG are from Rock Hill, SC and hang out at the only Ledo's Pizza in the region ('cause Ledo's doesn't cut corners). I know both of those groups are having advanced parties and may be joining us for the tailgate but not sure what they're bringing.

Does anyone know if there is a grocery store or gas station near by. I'm flying in and would like to bring something. And have never been to Charlotte.

If you're coming in straight from the airport to the tailgate, ask to come down Wilkinson Blvd. There is a CVS or Walgreens that should be open. There definitely is a Walmart on Wilkinson that will be open.

I'm sure there is a Walgreens or CVS nearby if you want to pickup some munchies. 

There is both a Walgreens and a CVS in the Epicenter (the Walgreens is in the BB&T building across the street on S. College).  There is a Bojangles off 4th street and a Target in the Metropolitian that you can see from our tailgate site.

Here's what folks have emailed that they're bringing:

• Red Slaw
  • Mac & Cheese
  • Boxes of Bojangles

There may be more. Inbox is a flooded at the moment

man, i would consider going again (wife and i came last year from TN... brought a generator and table and few other things) but not for $200+ a tik.  i remember paying $150 a tik behind the 'skins bench the last time and thought i splurged, then.

btw, is Pete still around?  wife and i always wonder about him. haha

man, i would consider going again (wife and i came last year from TN... brought a generator and table and few other things) but not for $200+ a tik.  i remember paying $150 a tik behind the 'skins bench the last time and thought i splurged, then.

btw, is Pete still around?  wife and i always wonder about him. haha

Pete gave up his season tickets so we don't see him as much anymore. He is supposed to come to the Buffalo game so I will tell him you asked about him :)

Let me know if anyone has two extras. I've been looking for tickets for two loud & proud Skins fans but prices in Charlotte are crazy

Normally, when the Panthers are 3-7 this time of year, tickets are cheap (buy 2, get 3 free at the Harris Teeter).  Just our luck the NFL gave them the easiest schedule.

Normally, when the Panthers are 3-7 this time of year, tickets are cheap (buy 2, get 3 free at the Harris Teeter).  Just our luck the NFL gave them the easiest schedule.

Not to derail the thread, but that's not how NFL scheduling works.  You play your 6 division games, then you play one other division in your conference (4 games) and one from the opposing conference (4 games) on a rotational basis.  Two remaining games are against an opponent with the same final ranking as you the previous season in the two remaining divisions in your conference that you are not playing.  

Panthers finished first in their division last year so they play their division, NFC East this year, AFC South, then Seattle and Green Bay (who finished 1st in their division last year).  Pure luck they caught two horrible divisions (NFC East, AFC South) and get to play two struggling teams in their own (Bucs, Saints).

Anyhow, I won't be able to attend, was looking forward to going and meeting some fellow ES'ers.  Get loud, turn that place burgundy and most of all have fun and be safe everyone!  

I hate I'll miss the tailgate tomorrow. I didn't start looking for tickets until early October. Usually panther tickets are still cheap. Unfortunately they're out playing my expectations. I have been part of extremeskins for a long time and I really want to meet some of the members. My in laws are coming in to town tomorrow so that keeps me from even going to Charlotte tomorrow. 25 min drive. I look forward to a more stable team so I can plan ahead. Lol. HTTR!

Archived