Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Flipping the Script: How the Redskins can avoid playing like "The Redskins" this week

Reaper Skins

Skins had good positives last Sunday,good O line play and a improved D.

Not ready for Cousins to be the answer yet. I hope Gruden can come out in the 2nd half with a better adjusment. Seems like in the Dolphin game we did not have an answer for the Dolphins D in the 2nd half. I did notice in the first half, the Skins ran a toss sweep for good yardage . Hopefully we can run more off tackle plays etc, and hopefully we try not to run on a 3rd and 18. Hail

I think you are going to find St Louis is quite good this year.  If our offensive line can survive the test of the Rams DLine, one week after handling Miami, then I think it will speak volumes to just how good Moses and Scherff can be for years to come.

This game is going to come down to the same key as the Dolphins game.  Can our D get stops, and the DLine get enough pressure.  If they do, then we have a shot, if they dont its game over.  The only other big key Im looking at is will they take the training wheels off Kirk, and let him throw more down the field.  I understand the danger of giving their Dline that much time, but Jay Gruden is an idiot if he coaches this year to try and make the playoffs, and avoid 'losing" games, instead of playing to find out what hes got.

This loss did not upset me the way the losses have in past seasons.  I really saw an improved Redskins team out there.  I felt like I was watching a real football team.  The defense made stops, offense ran the ball well,  QB had time, and they were in the game the entire time. I'm excited to see this team continue to improve over the season.  That is all I want this year and anything above that is just a bonus.

3507yu7037.gif

Gotta disagree with this disagreement. We looked the exact same last year to start off the season. Great defensive performance, Morris averaging 6.5 ypc. Only difference was we were able to go down field and get big plays. Unfortunately two dumb fumbles in the red zone and another special teams debacle killed us. Same script. 

Similar results, definitely similar special teams debacles lol. 

But this is not the same defense as week 1 last year. Not even close. We didn't sack Fitzpatrick once and hardly touched him all game. The Texans offensively overall were far more efficient against us compared to this last Miami game. It was not a great defensive performance, the Texans just didn't need to do as much on offense. 

This loss did not upset me the way the losses have in past seasons.  I really saw an improved Redskins team out there.  I felt like I was watching a real football team.  The defense made stops, offense ran the ball well,  QB had time, and they were in the game the entire time. I'm excited to see this team continue to improve over the season.  That is all I want this year and anything above that is just a bonus.

Marginally improved.  I'm not sure what gets people stuck on this idea that throughout these losing seasons we get blown out for 60 minutes.  The majority of the time we don't.  Last Sunday was similar to a lot of our losses in the past.  Stupid mistakes and special teams gaffes being the difference.  It wasn't the first time, we've controlled time of possession and had more yards only to come up on the short end of the stick. The whole continue to improve throughout the season thing is also overblown.  There is no such thing as momentum carrying over from one season to the next. 

Marginally improved.  I'm not sure what gets people stuck on this idea that throughout these losing seasons we get blown out for 60 minutes.  The majority of the time we don't.  Last Sunday was similar to a lot of our losses in the past.  Stupid mistakes and special teams gaffes being the difference.  It wasn't the first time, we've controlled time of possession and had more yards only to come up on the short end of the stick. The whole continue to improve throughout the season thing is also overblown.  There is no such thing as momentum carrying over from one season to the next. 

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm not sure what was different about this last game. We scored 10 points, had bad penalties, turnovers, running wrong routes, missing big plays, had a chance to win, but still loss. It's pretty much the exact same story we have seen for most of the last 25 years. We were just like this last year, the defense played hard plenty of games last year. We could have had 3-4 more wins last year, if it wasn't for late game meltdowns and all these mistakes that we saw against the Dolphins. Not sure where the differences were. Looked like the same Redskins. 

Archived