Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

He's got a good arm, but missed half of last year with a shoulder injury, I've followed him, he makes the throws, but the big question is staying healthy

Strength in the arm shows. Bit of an elongated motion. But decent accuracy, not great.

Ultimately I see a limited offense for what will be asked of him in the NFL.

Accuracy, even on that long bomb he hit today in the 4th quarter, the ball was far enough downfield, but he throw it inside the numbers instead of along the boundary. So way off target in that sense. The WR made a great adjustment to track it. 

But, another pretty limited Spread offense where I'd see him having to learn a good bit in the NFL. 

And isn't he a California kid?

I wonder why he choose Indy?

One of my favorite o-lineman, the center for Wisconsin, Dan Voltz. He's constantly reaching LBs on the 2nd level and cutting them down with a dive-block.

Stave is one of those guys who you easily pass over because he's not a sexy QB. But he's actually got a nice touch to his passes and can surprise you at times. His 2013 season was decent. I guess he's looking for a bounce back year. 

Ugly pick from Hackenberg. Showing zero signs of improvement.

Yeah. I have to say I am very disapointed with Hack today. I may need to make some adjustments to my thoughts :)... The talent on the rest of the offense is garbage. But that is really no excuse. He was just straight up terrible today.

One of the first things I look at from an o-lineman:

1. Does he play to the whistle.

2. Does he hustle around and do extra things. 

In the 1st half, McGlinchey was the first guy downfield to pick up his RB or WR. He's hustling around through the play and after the play.

In the 2nd half, he's drive blocking somebody or pushing the pile until he hears the whistle. He's not stopping and whirling around to watch the football.

Scherff notoriously would stop even when the play was still going on to watch the football. 

I like what I'm seeing from McGlinchey. I'll be clear, he doesn't look like the same fluid athlete as Stanley, but McG is above 6 foot 7 inches and can move himself. But the big thing is he's giving effort. 

I've just watched Derek Henry run for 131 yards and 2 TDs (so far) and show zero creativity in the process. Nothing I can use to project him to the next level because the playcalls are working perfectly as designed and he's running through giant holes at the PoA.

Just a lot of speed for a big guy. But basically I agree.

McGlinchy keeps walling off the pursuit. 

He's making a lane for these TDs. 

I know McC see this. Welcome to the Skins McG.  :)

He looks powerful and very active/aggressive. He has a lean, athletic-looking build for a tackle his size. If you weighed him right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he was under 300 pounds. The ND OLine looks like it's really well conditioned and they have been totally dominant.

He looks powerful and very active/aggressive. He has a lean, athletic-looking build for a tackle his size. If you weighed him right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he was under 300 pounds. The ND OLine looks like it's really well conditioned and they have been totally dominant.

He's listed at 310 lbs, who knows. Got a Lane Johnson kind-of body. Makes sense being a Kelly system. Less athleticism compared to L. Johnson, of course. 

Archived