Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The biking thread....

mcsluggo

I've experienced so much chronic pain since biking, I've had to take breaks to recuperate. Just so much soreness and throbbing pain. I had to order some bike shorts today which will hopefully allieviate some of the pain. Because I've done everything, I've done all the research, lowered my seat, put my seat closer, but I always get intense post-workout pain. I really wish biking wasn't this painful, because I like it, but at some point if the pain doesn't stop I will have no choice but to sell my indoor bike

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

Without knowing Mr. Tiffany other than through this one clip..... i can safely say that ANYthing i can to annoy him is a good thing :)

Is it bad that I didn't know who he was until this clip as well, and I reside in Wisconsin?

The shorts make it possible to sit on a saddle without debilitating pain...but the ****ing tailbone man. Excruciating tailbone pain that has lingered on for weeks at a time. I think I may have to gasp...take PTO and see a doctor. It's too much pain

• Sad 1

Of Course People Don’t Want To Bike To Work

According to a recent report from Bloomberg, the number of people cycling to work in the U.S. is on the decline. The site found that despite millions being invested in cycling infrastructure across America, the number of people regularly riding to work has fallen by 75,000 compared with pre-pandemic levels. But when you look at the state of our roads, is there any wonder people are giving up on their cycle to work? It sucks out there.

I’ve been cycling to work basically since I entered full-time employment. First in Lincoln, Sheffield, and London in the U.K. and then in New York, where I’ve been riding around town for the past two and a half years. And despite the Big Apple boasting 1,375 miles of bike lanes and pledging to increase that figure every year, it’s not a fun place to ride to work.

Door to door, my journey to the office takes a little over half an hour and includes riding mostly on bike lanes up the center of Manhattan. So I’m already in a fortunate position to be able to avoid sharing the road too much. But still, it’s rarely an enjoyable journey.

At intersections, I have to watch out for cars turning across the bike lane without looking. At police stations, I need to dodge squad cars blocking the bike lane, pavement and roadway. At traffic lights, I need to be wary of pedestrians stepping into my path while closing some big business deal. And heaven forbid there’s road works, I can kiss my inner tubes goodbye if that’s the case.

Click on the link for the full article

I finally decided to raise my bike seat up and the pain isn't as bad. Basically all the pain I was feeling and soreness was because the bike seat was too low.

It's good because I was this close to throwing that bike out and getting a sitting bike, you know one of those ones where you sit and cycle with your legs in front of you instead of under you.

On 10/8/2023 at 11:29 AM, China said:

Of Course People Don’t Want To Bike To Work

According to a recent report from Bloomberg, the number of people cycling to work in the U.S. is on the decline. The site found that despite millions being invested in cycling infrastructure across America, the number of people regularly riding to work has fallen by 75,000 compared with pre-pandemic levels. But when you look at the state of our roads, is there any wonder people are giving up on their cycle to work? It sucks out there.

I’ve been cycling to work basically since I entered full-time employment. First in Lincoln, Sheffield, and London in the U.K. and then in New York, where I’ve been riding around town for the past two and a half years. And despite the Big Apple boasting 1,375 miles of bike lanes and pledging to increase that figure every year, it’s not a fun place to ride to work.

Door to door, my journey to the office takes a little over half an hour and includes riding mostly on bike lanes up the center of Manhattan. So I’m already in a fortunate position to be able to avoid sharing the road too much. But still, it’s rarely an enjoyable journey.

At intersections, I have to watch out for cars turning across the bike lane without looking. At police stations, I need to dodge squad cars blocking the bike lane, pavement and roadway. At traffic lights, I need to be wary of pedestrians stepping into my path while closing some big business deal. And heaven forbid there’s road works, I can kiss my inner tubes goodbye if that’s the case.

Click on the link for the full article

Anonymous friend used to bike to work every day, it sounded like a nightmare. Always had to change clothes too before work. Now he just works from home.

• Thumb up 1

On 10/13/2023 at 12:09 PM, ixcuincle said:

I finally decided to raise my bike seat up and the pain isn't as bad. Basically all the pain I was feeling and soreness was because the bike seat was too low.

It's good because I was this close to throwing that bike out and getting a sitting bike, you know one of those ones where you sit and cycle with your legs in front of you instead of under you.

Anonymous friend used to bike to work every day, it sounded like a nightmare. Always had to change clothes too before work. Now he just works from home.

i used to bike to work every day that was temperate... it was AWESOME.   

while others were stuck in traffic on bridges, i had a glorious commute, most of which through parkland.   glorious.     

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

• 3 weeks later...