Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rolling Stone Magazine: Jack Bruce Dies at 71

GoSkins0721

We lose another legend. 

RIP Jack Bruce. Thanks for the music & memories.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/cream-bassist-jack-bruce-dead-at-71-20141025

"Jack Bruce, the singer and bassist for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band Cream, has passed away, his family confirmed the musician's passing on his Facebook page. He was 71.

"It is with great sadness that we, Jack’s family, announce the passing of our beloved Jack: husband, father, granddad, and all round legend. The world of music will be a poorer place without him, but he lives on in his music and forever in our hearts," the Bruce family wrote. Bruce's publicist added, "He died today at his home in Suffolk surrounded by his family." No other details were revealed but the Press Association reports that the bassist suffered from liver disease."

The strange thing about this was that, I've been listening to cream off and on for the past year thanks to my fascination with clapton, which spurred from my fascination with the beatles and the numerous connections they had.  

I was literally listening to badge and crossroads on a playlist on repeat last night when I read this on pitchfork.com... it was weird.

Also, while I will admit Jack Bruce looked a little frail in the Ginger Baker documentary on netflix, I assumed that he was the healthiest of the three guys.  RIP... 

The strange thing about this was that, I've been listening to cream off and on for the past year thanks to my fascination with clapton, which spurred from my fascination with the beatles and the numerous connections they had.  

I was literally listening to badge and crossroads on a playlist on repeat last night when I read this on pitchfork.com... it was weird.

Also, while I will admit Jack Bruce looked a little frail in the Ginger Baker documentary on netflix, I assumed that he was the healthiest of the three guys.  RIP... 

That is weird.

Health wise, all 3 did enough heroin to kill 100 livers. These older rockers who had liver transplants most likely were caused by cirrhosis brought on by Hepatitis C through drug use. 

I wish BBM had done a 2nd LP. Loved the Around the Next Dream CD -Cream on steroids. Too bad Ginger had to get his arse thrown out of the US before they could promote it.

I got to see Bruce and Baker live back in the early 90s at a club in DC. Great show marred only by the soulless technical playing of guitarist Blues Saraceno.

Bruce was one of the greatest and most influential musicians of the 60s, both as a premier bass player and a songwriter.

Archived