Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RGIII Interview with Seth Davis Show [25:05]

PortisBetts

I cannot recall such a misunderstood and misrepresented athlete in the media in a long time. Usually athletes get beat up in the press for being thugs or criminals. Our guy gets beat up just being genuine and driven--and for tweeting. Somehow that gets construed as self- centered and attention grabbing. BS

Thats what happens when the HC blameshifts his own failures onto his QB through the media leaks. Mike Shanahan executed operation #scapegoat

Any player cleared to play wants and thinks they can play.

The coach is the decision maker NOT the player.

Period.

Blaming a player for a coaches decision is misguided.

Well I hope he throws 3 touchdowns tomorrow and takes his frustrations out on the Texans.

Any player cleared to play wants and thinks they can play.

The coach is the decision maker NOT the player.

Period.

Blaming a player for a coaches decision is misguided.

I couldn't disagree with this more. The biggest culprit is the physician.

It's the doctors decision, not coach or player.

What the hell does the coach know about an injured player?

Thanks for posting the link......I watched the interview all the way thru. 

I am a Robert fan.....I always have to remind myself that he is still a very young man when I hear him interviewed as he speaks very well....intelligently....  He conducts himself in a very positive manner on and off field.  Now I am not in the locker room nor around the team 24x7, but think that many of the issues that were raised last season by "unnamed sources within the locker" were either raised by fringe players, or someone with an agenda within the locker. 

I understand Robert has to improve his play at QB.....become the consistent playmaker that many of us believe him capable of.  I think he will succeed......as he has both the tangible skillset, and the intangibles.  Saw a hour long piece last night where 4 Redskin greats were being interviewed by Chick Hernandez.....and were asked the question about Robert and what they saw.  Chris Cooley mentioned how athletically gifted Robert was, almost a freak at how good he is in that department.  We have all heard many reports about his drive to succeed, and his time spent in the film room, and in practice.  Now he just has to translate that onto the field in the form of consistent play. 

I am behind the QB of my team.....and while I can understand those that have concerns with whether he will develop into our franchise QB and his play on the field.....there is no questioning his drive, desire, or heart IMHO.    

I couldn't disagree with this more. The biggest culprit is the physician.

It's the doctors decision, not coach or player.

What the hell does the coach know about an injured player?

The coach doesnt know anything, one of the most respected surgeons in the country cleared him to play because he was healthy, was he game ready or prepared to start a full season, obviously not and thats where the coach comes into play.

I wonder if management pushed for him to start to keep from having a QB controversy if Cousins were to play well.

lol you disagree but your not even disagreeing with what I said.

Classic Internet argument style.

Good one :)

The physician cleared him as healthy, they don't give opinions on whether a player is "their old self", whether they're rusty, whether their mechanics are sound, or whether coaches will call a gameplan that suits said QB. Coach has to evaluate how a player looks in practice, etc. and then make their decision.

I'm disagreeing the 'physician cleared him'.

It's the most infamous hand waive ever possibly. Andrews to this day states he NEVER examined him. To me, that's borderline negligent.

Shannahan said 'he waived at me'. Andrews said, 'I waived like.. He didn't let me examine him' (yea, that makes alot of sense).

My point of contention is that the coach should only go by what doctor says. Neither communicated well at all.

But in this case, where a friggin medical tent was set up for 1 player on the sideline in a nearly unprecedented way, the physician should have been on that IMMEDIATELY. Further, full VERBAL conversations with coach, and frankly the owner, should have occurred.

I disagree it was the coaches decision. If that's your point than I agree. If you say he was 'cleared' and than coach put him in, still on doc.

The coach doesnt know anything, one of the most respected surgeons in the country cleared him to play because he was healthy, was he game ready or prepared to start a full season, obviously not and thats where the coach comes into play.

I wonder if management pushed for him to start to keep from having a QB controversy if Cousins were to play well.

In regards to the interview, the question focused on Seattle playoff game...

I'm disagreeing the 'physician cleared him'.

It's the most infamous hand waive ever possibly. Andrews to this day states he NEVER examined him. To me, that's borderline negligent.

Shannahan said 'he waived at me'. Andrews said, 'I waived like.. He didn't let me examine him' (yea, that makes alot of sense).

My point of contention is that the coach should only go by what doctor says. Neither communicated well at all.

But in this case, where a friggin medical tent was set up for 1 player on the sideline in a nearly unprecedented way, the physician should have been on that IMMEDIATELY. Further, full VERBAL conversations with coach, and frankly the owner, should have occurred.

I disagree it was the coaches decision. If that's your point than I agree. If you say he was 'cleared' and than coach put him in, still on doc.

In regards to the interview, the question focused on Seattle playoff game...

You need to listen to the first 10 minutes again, the Seattle discussion was near the end of the show and I wasn't referring to that segment.

Archived