Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RGIII Interview with Seth Davis Show [25:05]

PortisBetts

I think with all the negative attention that has been coming out about Griffin, I think we forget what we fell in love with in the first place leading up to and drafting and watching him grow, which is his passion, his drive, and his willingness to be open. This is a great interview to reinforce and remind us of those traits.

I have said a few times that I am worried about his progress in the pocket, but I still think he is going to turn out to be one of the best ever and this was a good reminder as to why. Enjoy.

The tougher questions about last season and his relationship with Snyder and Shanahan come at around 5 minutes left in the interview and he is open and does not hide from them. Another reason to love and root for this kid.

http://campusinsiders.com/videos/the-seth-davis-show-robert-griffin-iii

Personally, I found the interview to be standard RG3 fare, in that he handled everything with poise and composure. Impressive stuff.

I agree. I think that we havent seen this in so long though. Last season, with all the negative attention that came out every day, its good to see him totally focused on football and not outside drama. I am happy to see this again because what I hated most about last season is that it was no longer about football, but more of a soap opera, which caused me to tune out the last 3 games because I couldn't take it any more. It was like watching a bad reality tv show.

I agree. I think that we havent seen this in so long though. Last season, with all the negative attention that came out every day, its good to see him totally focused on football and not outside drama. I am happy to see this again because what I hated most about last season is that it was no longer about football, but more of a soap opera, which caused me to tune out the last 3 games because I couldn't take it any more. It was like watching a bad reality tv show.

Nothing like that new season honeymoon period.  :)

You are right about last year, it was a damned circus. It's good to see Robert talk in a calm, confident manner looking forward to a new football season instead of constantly having to field questions about locker room strife.

It gives me hope that he will play better simply by not having the distractions the Shanahan era was filled with.

Nothing like that new season honeymoon period.  :)

You are right about last year, it was a damned circus. It's good to see Robert talk in a calm, confident manner looking forward to a new football season instead of constantly having to field questions about locker room strife.

It gives me hope that he will play better simply by not having the distractions the Shanahan era was filled with.

As much as another 3-13 season would pain me, if they were at least just playing football and trying to get better, I could be on board with that. I am not going to sit around and watch anonymous sources say crap and then have to listen to Griffin try to defend himself

I hope you are right. Griffin should be able to to play more confidently knowing he has a coach that wont leak bs about bs and he can just play. If they can do that much, i'll be happy.

Don't really care any more about how he interviews or what he does or doesn't say.  All I wanna see Sunday is him get thru his progressions and get the ball out of his hand on time.  That would speak far louder than a hundred 'feel-good' interviews.  And if he can't?  Well, there will be a  crescendo of questions coming that no amount of press conferences or interviews will be able to silence.  I hope he really plays great because a QB controversy is never a good thing.

Don't really care any more about how he interviews or what he does or doesn't say.  All I wanna see Sunday is him get thru his progressions and get the ball out of his hand on time.  That would speak far louder than a hundred 'feel-good' interviews.  And if he can't?  Well, there will be a  crescendo of questions coming that no amount of press conferences or interviews will be able to silence.  I hope he really plays great because a QB controversy is never a good thing.

Yeah!!! That was 25 minutes he could have been spending in the film room amirite guys?

His job is to get as healthy as he can be and get himself ready to play. It was obvious watching him play that he wasn't ready even though he was healthy. That's up to the coach to see in practice and decide.

Also, if your QB is going to gut it out for you, help him out with the play calling. Don't have him running all over the place putting himself at further risk, as Griffin suggested in the interview

The Redskins name bashing and accusations that our name is racist or demeaning has made me love this team even more than I ever have.  I don't care so much about the name (even though I love our name and what it represents to me and my family since as far back as I can remember) b/c I'll always love this team regardless of the name.

The constant criticism of Robert Griffin III has made me like him that much more b/c in my opinion the majority of said criticism (not all but most) is unwarranted.  I believe, based on my eyes and ears, that he is a good young man, a talented quarterback, and should be given time to develop as a franchise quarterback.  I'm giving him that time and will cheer for him until he gives me a reason not to....and I doubt that reason will ever come.  

I love our team and I like the quarterback we have leading it.  Thanks for posting!   ;)  

Don't really care any more about how he interviews or what he does or doesn't say. All I wanna see Sunday is him get thru his progressions and get the ball out of his hand on time. That would speak far louder than a hundred 'feel-good' interviews. And if he can't? Well, there will be a crescendo of questions coming that no amount of press conferences or interviews will be able to silence. I hope he really plays great because a QB controversy is never a good thing.

I just want to see him play good, however he manages to do it.

I dont understand Robert, if your not healthy then dont go on the field, If you choose to play then dont make excuses and blame the coaches for letting you play after you insist your going to play and you make reality tv out of the comeback.

Any player cleared to play wants and thinks they can play.

The coach is the decision maker NOT the player.

Period.

Blaming a player for a coaches decision is misguided.

Did you watch the interview? It wasn't a feel good rah rah interview at all. There was actually some spots where they specifically spoke about last season and he answered them head on. I'd like to see hi, step it up this Sunday too, doesn't mean you can't watch and enjoy the human too

I cannot recall such a misunderstood and misrepresented athlete in the media in a long time.  Usually athletes get beat up in the press for being thugs or criminals.  Our guy gets beat up just being genuine and driven--and for tweeting.  Somehow that gets construed as self- centered and attention grabbing.  BS

I cannot recall such a misunderstood and misrepresented athlete in the media in a long time. Usually athletes get beat up in the press for being thugs or criminals. Our guy gets beat up just being genuine and driven--and for tweeting. Somehow that gets construed as self- centered and attention grabbing. BS

This is so true and becoming a self-fulfilled prophecy of sorts for media.

His comment after Philly game was mild frustration and blame, at best.

Meanwhile, deep into his career Peyton manning point blankly throws line under the bus... Could you imagine if RG3 pulled that move. But hey, it's Peyton, 'that's a real pro'.

Further, imagine if his wife pulled a Giselle and dogged WRs or he was primadonna as much as Farve.

Difference with all these 'pros', winning. You win, nothing else matters.

I cannot recall such a misunderstood and misrepresented athlete in the media in a long time.  Usually athletes get beat up in the press for being thugs or criminals.  Our guy gets beat up just being genuine and driven--and for tweeting.  Somehow that gets construed as self- centered and attention grabbing.  BS

LOL you forgot about Tim Tebow?

I love how people like to pretend RG3 is different than others.  He gets treated like every other QB in the NFL since I can remember watching football.  You win you are a hero.  You lose you are scrutinized.

LOL you forgot about Tim Tebow?

I love how people like to pretend RG3 is different than others.  He gets treated like every other QB in the NFL since I can remember watching football.  You win you are a hero.  You lose you are scrutinized.

Well, I don't think the media branded Tebow a "me me" guy--he was scrutinized for being religious and for not having an NFL arm.  I think the former was also BS and the latter basically true.  Winning does cure all I agree.  And it will be up to him to get that done.  It just astounds me that even so many Skins fans have also taken to being so harsh towards him personally and saying he sucks and all that.  "What have you done for me lately" is the clear mantra, and that is certainly nothing new.  The fan base likes to speak of "true Redskins" and "lifers" and all that garbage, and get soooo offended when a player leaves or whatever and wasn't a "loyal" guy.  Consider RGIII being a year removed from being so heralded by the Skins fan base and now receiving so much criticism---what in the hell would he have to be loyal to?  Anyway, getting off topic there, but yeah I agree with you that winning changes everything.

Archived